16

"Where are you going so dressed up?"

"The festival is tonight, Kai."

"You can't wear that."

"I bought it. I'm wearing it."

"Those jeans are too tight, and that shirt doesn't cover your shoulders. You're not wearing it."

"I didn't know that you were in charge of how I dressed."

"Well, now you do."

"Why?"

"Here we go again."

"Why do you feel the need to always be this way with me?"

"You know I have learned a valuable lesson in life."

"What?"

"If you always feel as if someone around you is doing wrong by you, take a look in the mirror before coming to the conclusion that they are the problem. In this situation, I need you to look in the mirror. It's not that I'm doing wrong by you. It's that you aren't a good person."

"Says the cheater."

"Is that going to be your line for everything? I realize I made a terrible mistake. At least I know I made a mistake and have apologized for it."

"I didn't make a mistake!"

"It's 6:30. You should be leaving so you can get to the festival. I'm sure there are many people there who would like to see you get dunked."

"I'm not leaving until you get changed."

"Well, I mean...I am leaving now, so you're going to wait until I get back to leave? That would mean that you would miss the festival," she said, grabbing her keys. "By the way, Kai..."

"What?"

"We're done."

"What?!"

"I said that we are done. You've ruined my life for far too long of a time now. I don't understand why it took me so long to do that! I'm so glad I did though!"

"We are not done, Jennie Kim."

------------

You stood in the parking lot with Lisa as you both waited for your company to arrive.

"1 more minute."

"Why are you so nervous, Lisa? This is usually a breeze for you."

"Probably because I've never gone to a festival with a teacher before."

"You like her!"

"No, I don't!"

"Yes, you do! You're never this nervous about anything!"

"..."

"Look look look," you said, nudging Lisa.

Chaeyoung and Jennie came walking towards the two of you. Chaeyoung wore a flowy, white, rose-patterned jumpsuit matched with white vans and red Coach purse to top the outfit off. Jennie sported an off the shoulder blue and white striped shirt, fitted blue jeans, and blue slip on vans. They both looked like models as their hair slightly blew in the evening's wind.

"Wow," Lisa said. "Do you mind if I take both of them?"

"Forget that. Can I take both of them?"

"It would be nice if you two would stop drooling so heavily," Chaeyoung said.

"Can you blame us," you asked.

"I don't guess we can."

"I will see you later," Lisa said, dragging Chaeyoung to the festival.