13

The sunlight stung in her eyes as her alarm blared in her ears.

Groaning, she hit the snooze button on her phone.

"I don't understand why you do this."

"Because I like to actually help my students, Kai."

"You don't get paid to give students extra help and attention."

"You're right. I don't get paid to do it, but it is something I want and like to do. Money doesn't have to be involved in order for me to want to help people who need it."

"Why are you always so standoffish towards me, Jennie?"

"For the same reason that you are an ass to me."

"I have done nothing but treat you like a queen."

"Sure you have, Kai."

"You're going to learn to treat me better."

"Are you talking to yourself? I know for sure that wasn't directed at me."

"What have I ever done to you, Jennie Kim?"

"The better question would be what have you not done to me. You're a drunk that treats me like I am just something for you to play with when you feel like it!"

"I didn't hear you complaining all those years ago!"

"You of all people do not have the right to talk about those times!"

"The last time I checked, you were the cheater."

"The last time I checked, you were the one who tried to lure a happy girl out of her loving relationship. You were the one who put those thoughts in my head, Kai! You were the one who convinced me that y/n and I would never last. You were the one that told me that I wasn't good enough for her/him!"

"But you were the idiot who listened to me."

"I was a young, naive girl who was very insecure about myself! You knew that everything you said to me would go straight to my head! I was happy, Kai! You were the one edged me on!"

"I am still not the one who cheated."

"I didn't say that I shouldn't take accountability for my actions! I am simply saying that I am not the only person who had a hand in the cheating. You should be responsible for your actions just as much as I have been."

"Okay, Jennie," he said, getting out of bed. "I'm not going to sit here and fight with you over some stupid crush you had in high school."

"It wasn't just some stupid crush! I love y/n!"

With Jennie's words came a hard fist to her eye.

"I told you that I didn't want to talk about it!"

She sat holding her face softly crying into her hands.

"I don't want to hear anything else about y/n! Now, go get ready for this stupid lesson of yours. We're going to meet a group of my friends later."

----------------

With Fall quickly approaching, the breezes became slightly cooler.

Walking into the courtyard, you saw Jennie sitting with her head down on the table.

"Hey," you said, tapping her shoulder.

She slightly jumped at the touch before lifting her head. You had expected to be met with deep brown eyes, but were unexpectedly met with sunglasses.