23

y/n's pov
3-4am

fuck, my head. my vision was slowly coming back and i was regaining feeling in my body.

i was laying on a dirty bed, with no sheets in a small room. it looked like some sort of bunker.

my phone wasn't on me and i didn't have anything to communicate or fight with.

"hello?" i shout banging on the door. "maya i know it's you."

no answer.

after what felt like an hour, the door finally opened, only it was maria who walked in.

"so how you holding up?" maria asks sarcastically.

i tried to get up and charge at her but she pulls out a gun.

"not another step," she warns me.

i sit back down on the bed. "where am i?" i ask.

"you're somewhere in the woods," she shrugs.

"why are you doing this?"

"you see this could go both ways," she explains. "one: when they find your body, i could say xavier was the one who killed you. and if my father hates him for it and then he'll make me the new drug lord. and two: either way mattia will be mad and kill him— making me the drug lord anyway so it's a win win for me. and i'll get mattia all to myself."

"that's not gonna work."

"your death, will spike up so much war, blood will fill our streets every day."

i glare at her. "innocent people will be collateral damage— you'll be killing hundreds of innocent people if they get in the crossfire."

"not my problem," maria chuckles.

"you know maya likes mattia too right?" i mention. "how's that gonna play out?"

"you underestimate me," maria says. "i'll just say xavier and maya were working together. mattia will just kill them both. simple."

"you'd let your own brother die?"

"he's useless. xavier always thinks he's the better, smarter sibling but i'm the one who will carry on our family legacy," maria says sternly.

"your plan will never work."

maria hits me across the head with her gun. "sorry i have to make it look like you went through hell— mattia will be even more mad."

i felt blood drip down the side of my face.

"anyway..." she continues, "i gotta get back to the fam. hold tight." she winks and closes the door.

mattia's pov
"dad?!" i shout, slamming the front door.

all the lights turn on, i guess i woke up everyone.

"mattia it's like 2am in the morning," my dad groans as he walks out of his room.

"chill bro," kairi whines as he leans on the railing of the stairs.

"did you kidnap y/n ?" i yell.

"mattia what are you talking about?" my dad asks, confused. "that would start a war— you know i'm not stupid enough for that."

"well she's missing," i reply.

"that's not our problem," my dad responds. "let the cobras handle their own. stop worrying about them."

he heads back to his room and shuts the door.

"y/n's missing ?" alejandro asks.

i nod. "i'm gonna kill someone." i clench my fist and start thinking. "round up all our soldiers tomorrow morning. i want everyone's alibi on where they were from 11pm-2am."

"yes boss," kairi says and he heads back to his room.

mark's pov

"i don't know why, but i feel like we should look into the kingstons," i tell maximo.

"you think they took her?" maximo responds.

"well if it wasn't the panthers, who else could it be?"

"you're right, i doubt it was their drug lord. a grown adult kidnapping a teenager? doubt it," maximo says. "had to be his kids."

"i'll follow maria. you follow xavier. don't get caught," i warn.

"i won't. let's start in the morning."

mattia's pov
the next morning

everyone seems to have a legit alibi, but something was off with maya.

i made it seem like i believed everyone but once maya left the house i decided to follow her.

after driving behind her for a while i realized she was going out of the city and into the woods.

when we get to the woods, she parks outside, and travels the rest of the distance on foot. i do the same and follow her.

mark's pov
maria was at the kingston club for a while but then after a couple more hours, she was on the move.

i carefully follow her, making sure to not get caught.

maria stops outside the woods and walks the rest of the distance. i wait a few minutes and then i get out of my car and follow her.

text to maximo

mark: sending you my location.
maximo: on my way.

yns pov
when i woke up i found myself tied to a chair. they must've drugged me again.

after struggling for a few minutes, the door opens and maya and maria walk through.

"let's have some fun," maya smiles.

"so who's gonna do the honor?" maria smirks.

.