45

mattia's pov

"don't get why we have to get so dressed up for this dad," i whine as he helps me tie my tie.

"it's your 18th birthday mattia," my dad answers.

"and why does it have to be a fancy party? can't it just be a get together?"

"this is to celebrate you being Capo too— not just your 18th birthday," my dad tells me.

i roll my eyes and straighten my tie. "thanks."

"is y/n coming over here?"

"yeah she and the price family will be attending."

"wonderful," my dad replies we walk to a mirror. "happy birthday son."

-

y/n's pov

the party was starting soon so i got ready.

"mom, dad, are you guys ready," i shout from the living room

they ran down the stairs while my mom was still putting on her earrings.

"yes mija we're ready," my mom says.

"alright then, let's go," i say. "make sure they bring mattia's gift okay?"

"don't worry," my dad assures me, "he said he was gonna bring it over before the party ends."

"great. okay let's go," i say opening the front door.

-

the moment i walked in mattia's house i saw him wearing a black tux with a glass of champagne in his hand, talking to some guest.

mattia saw me and excused himself from the guests.

"hey princess," he says and kissing me on the forehead. "you look beautiful."

"thank you, you look.. sexy," i say looking him up and down.

"don't make me act up in of everyone okay?" he whispers. "behave for one night."

i giggle. "i'm kidding."

for the rest of the night we talked with everyone and made small talk. a lot of different gangs and mafias came to support mattia's big 18th.

"so you and mattia are dating?" a guy asks.

"uhm yea," i answer.

"how does that work? didnt you guys hate each other?"

"yeah we did and i still do," i joke, "but how can you not love him." i turn and see him talking some girls. they were probably flirting with him. nothing new.

"well, if you guys don't work out," the guy says, "you can always call me."

"oh that won't be necessary," mattia says walking over, "i plan on marrying her." he puts his hand on my waist.

"you're a lucky man, polibio," he says.

"i think i'm the lucky one," i smile.

"it's time for my announcement," mattia whispers in my ear.

i nod and watch him walk to the center of the room.

"hi everyone can i have your attention," mattia shouts tapping his champagne glass. everyone stops talking and turns to him. "i wanna thank all of you for coming. it means a lot to me. i'm really glad that i'm able to be Capo of the Panthers now but i know i'm never gonna be as good as my dad."

everyone awes.

mattia continues, "i'm not gonna lie, i'm a little nervous for what's coming but i'm grateful for my team. i'm grateful for alejandro and kairi," he turns to them, "thank you for being my day ones. i love you both."

alejandro and kairi raise their glasses to him and give him a smile. then i get a text from someone. mattia's third gift was here.

"but most importantly i'm grateful for the best birthday present i've ever received." i look up at him from my phone and see mattia looking directly at me. "there's not a day that goes by where i don't think of you. you're all i ever need y/n. you went from being my worst enemy to the love of my life."

mattia gestures me to come up to him so i did. "i hope one day that i can say something more meaningful to you. like at a church, in front of our family and friends, with a priest right besides us. i love you."

a big smile spreads across my face. "i love you."

"cause at the end of the day," mattia takes my hand, "it's just the two of us."

"actually," i say, "the three of us."

mattia scrunches his eyebrows and then widens his eyes. "oh my god you're not pregnant are you? i mean that's okay we can figure it out together but-"

i put my finger to his lips and shush him. "i'm not pregnant," i whisper. "come in," i shout to the door.

everyone turns their heads and someone walks in with a black pitbull around 2 years old.

"no," mattia turns to me, "you didn't—you got me a dog?"

i nod. mattia immediately runs and takes the dog into his hands and everyone gathers around to look at it.

"so.. you got a name for him?" i ask.

mattia looks up at me. "yeah," he says. "Kobe. Kobe Polibio."

.