Chapter 2 : Nipples and Dimples

2 | 7:19 a.m.

A silent purr met my ears and I knew then that it was Ellie, the new cat that I just got a week ago. She adjusted fairly quickly considering I usually kept a quiet environment at home and having a pet adjust itself was better than forcing her.

Her paw touched my cheek and I chuckled, snuggling deeper in my blankets before opening my eyes, meeting with her mismatched ones. A perfect pair of green and blue.

"Good morning..." I quietly greeted as I rubbed underneath her chin.

She meowed again but now looking towards the window. That was when I realized that it was dark and the morning was freezing badly, especially since I had my aircon on. The soft patter of the rain against the window calmed me and I knew that I'd be staying home, locking myself up.

Opting to start my day, I took a searing hot shower. I was very sensitive to temperatures which was why I take showers a little warmer than others probably do.

After wearing a pair of black comfortable sweatpants, a black tight turtleneck and then a loose red sweater that hung lowly, reaching just above my kneecaps, the sleeves covering my fingers. Just what I needed.

After wearing a fresh pair of red socks, I turned off the aircon however it was still cold.

Taking a mug of hot chocolate and some warm soup, I walked over to my room's balcony area. Even though it was freezing, the view of the city was at it's best when it rains. It was purely calming along with the smell of rain.

Placing it on top of the round table, Ellie followed me around as she waited for me to settle down. Leaving the balcony door open, I decided to play a few of my playlist songs that I loved listening to during rainy days.

Shuffling the playlist, the first one that played was Love by Kendrick Lamar and I couldn't help but smile as I played it on my speakers on low volume but enough for me to hear from the balcony. Taking a fluffy blanket and Ellie's bowl filled with her food, I finally took a seat on the cushioned chair that had a perfect view of the city and the beach before placing the blanket on top of my lap, covering my legs.

As soon as Ellie was finished with her food, she jumped up on my lap, curling herself into a ball as I cradled her quietly, taking sips of my hot chocolate as I continued to memorize the script of Eros and Psyche.

It went on like this, with me just listening to songs that calmed my nerves as I continued to read the script,

'If you saw me, perhaps you would fear me, perhaps you would adore me, but all I ask of you is to love me. I would rather you love me as an equal than adore me as a god.' - Eros and Psyche

Reading that one line just made my heart ache with so many memories flashing in my head. It reminded me so much of them. I couldn't tell their real story however I figured how their love broke as I witnessed it happen.

Just like Eros and Psyche, they didn't trust each other. Trust was one of the fundamentals in a relationship, without it, just like Eros said, 'Love cannot dwell on with suspicion.'

The reason why there was so many unanswered questions was because I never heard them talk about anything that involved about her health nor the insecurities. They feared of parting because they showed their fears. But that decision itself was what made them crumble. The woman was scared of confronting her husband while the husband did everything to avoid the subject.

I mever heard a proper conversation from then on as they grew apart.

'I inflict no punishment on you than to leave you forever.' -Eros and Psyche