Chapter 25 : Emotional Rollercoaster

25 | 9:21 a.m.

Waking up was definitely not an easy feat. My body was bugging me to just lie down and never bother about even waking up anymore but I had to stand up either way because Yeri was coming over today.

Yesterday's self-revelation was probably the most annoying thing that got stuck in my head the whole time I slept.

I wasn't going to push Yeri away though unless things get rough or she goes too far. Besides it might've just been a big hunch of mine or she's really just acting that way and she doesn't like me at all.

Being friends with her made things even harder.

"Jaehyun! Breakfast is ready!!" Doyoung popped his head into the room, his hand holding a toothbrush near to his open mouth.

I grumbled, "Yep, coming."

As soon as the door closed again, I decided to wash up and brush my teeth as well before going downstairs, the scent of newly made waffles making my stomach churn in hunger.

My literally dropped into the bottom of the ocean as I heard the loud laughter from her followed by an awkward one from Taeil.

My calm and bored mood it's got drained down and was soon replaced with annoyance, my brain finally awake and moving with a continuous flow of thoughts about how she didn't even bother on listening to my advice yesterday.

Now I had to deal with this so early.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't annoyed at her. I was more annoyed at her bubbly attitude rambling around me every single second. It seems that there was no day without hearing something from her.

"Jaehyun!!" Her eyes shone as soon as she saw me, her legs lifting her up off the high chair as she ran over to me and gave me a hug, resting her cheek against my bare chest.

I huffed, letting her hold me as I watched Yuta and Johnny come in the kitchen with dangerous glances— Yuta just sipping on his morning coffee while Johnny took a bite of his waffle, giving me a hinted glance, 'Why the fuck is she here?'

I just shook my head towards his direction.

As soon as her arms slipped off(yet still managing to let her hands trail across my skin), I felt highly uncomfortable for the first time I was around her.

She pulled my wrist over to the counter, pushing a plate of waffles with syrup and a bunch of berries which I was sure Doyoung, Johnny and Yuta cooked since they usually wake up the earliest.

"Here, I took a bit of your berries but other than that, it's untouched." She promised, and I could only nod, taking a fork and bit into the warm pastry, taking a few bites of the juicy berries.

Taeil gave me a glance, his head flicking towards the door to say that he was leaving.

"Oh fuck."

"Mark, watch your mouth, please." Johnny followed up right after and Mark entered the kitchen, a sheepish smile on his face.

"Sorry." He gave a peace sign and his eyes flickered over to Yeri before they pulled away but as soon as he realized who it was, he couldn't help but stare in surprise at her face.

"Yeri?" This caused a blush to push up into her cheeks.

"Uhhh.." She trailed off.

Mark laughed, "What are you doing here? Aren't you bothered going into a men's dorm alone so early in the morning?" He questioned, an unnoticeable smirk on his face.

I brought a hand to my face to stop myself from laughing.

Johnny elbowed him slyly, his lips curled inward to hide his amusement while Yuta looked away as he took a sip of his coffee, his lips turned upwards.