Chapter 16 : Taken

16 | 8:18 a.m.

"Jaehyun, are you ready?" Johnny peeked his head in front of my dorm room, facing the camera to my way.

"Yes~ I'll just get my jacket then we'll go." I answered, pulling my hair back which was already dry since we woke up several hours ago.

Today, was a very special day.

It's the day after the recording of our music video for 'Kick It' and apparently, our schedule was clear for the day since our managers were up to some meetings as well. So me and Johnny decided to go out to COEX Mall to just chill and do a bit of shopping.

He wanted to buy a gift for Ten since he haven't seen him for almost a full month and a few weeks now. I wanted to get something for Taeyong as well since we haven't been exactly in touch.

And we planned to do a Vlive for it as well! So NCTzens can watch however we needed to be as sly and unnoticeable in buying their gifts.

"Okay so today, me and Jaehyun are going out for a bit. We'll hang out with you guys for a little while since we have a free schedule today." Johnny started off and as soon as I took my wallet, I walked closer to him and nodded.

"Yeah, let's go." I smiled at the camera, waving a hand, "Good morning, everyone! How's your day so far?"

Comments flooded as we talked about past activities(excluding the new MV and album), Johnny opening the door towards the garage where one of the cars stood.

"Will you drive?" I asked, taking the keys from a hidden box which Johnny didn't show to the camera and he shook his head, taking his attention off the camera as well.

"No, you just drive. I'll just be in charge of the camera and the stream."

I nodded.

As soon as we were on the road, Johnny already had the camera set up on the dashboard safely as he read the comments through his phone.

The quiet whir of the car along with the low volume of the music was enough for us to be heard clearly.

"Okay, since it'll be kind of a pretty short ride, let's have a Q&A. You guys can ask us a few questions, you know highschool or family, anything that we can answer." Johnny suggested and I only hummed.

It only took a few seconds before Johnny started, "Tell us a friend you'll never forget from middle school."

I laughed softly and Johnny followed beforehand, "You guys are spicy today, huh? Should we start with Jaehyun?" He turned to look at me and I blinked slowly, trying to search my brain for memories.

"Ah! I had this one classmate. She was really good at art and was very popular. When she first approached me and started to hang out with me, I thought she liked me—" Johnny laughed before letting me continue.

"— and then every single time, my bestfriend at that time would always tag along to which I had no idea about but the girl always wanted to hangout with the three of us together so I never understood why. Until my bestfriend told me that the girl actually liked him. And the girl was only using me to make him 'jealous'."

"Wait what?! That's so messed up!" Johnny bellowed out, his mood lighting up the mellow mood of the car.

I laughed as well before he asked, "What did you feel about it?"

"It was honestly funny because I felt so dumb thinking it was me but yeah, it was a nice memory. How about yours?"

"For me? Uhm.... I was close with this guy in class. He never really talked but he was literally everyone's crush. After me, of course." He started off before sending a wink towards the camera.

I chuckled, "How confident!!"

"Yes and then he always has this thing about making tunes on his own. Like for example, when it's break time, I'd find at the classroom tapping at the table or playing with a pen and making some random beats I've never heard in my entire life." He continued, exaggerating his movements.

"Really? Was he like a mini producer?" I turned my head and he nodded, "He was always doing something that had to do with rhythm and there was this one time where he improvised his own piece on the piano."

"Oh, that's cool! Do you talk to him until now?" I asked, quickly turning me head to him.

"Yeah, he still makes music actually but he never posted or shared it with anyone." Johnny said and I could only nod my head.

Well, that guy seems cool.

(A/N : I'll just add a very quick timeskip since it's probably boring with all the descriptions and Q&A's and I'm lazy :) so yes.)

After eating out and a few more Q&A's, we decided to finally buy some things from several stores that we found nice, however to prevent being so obvious, we decided to buy some things for the members as well.

"Okay so now we are here to buy a few things for our fellow members—" Before Johnny could even continue, I held his shoulder, leaning closer to his ear.

I whispered quietly, making sure that no fans were able to hear it, "Taeyong told me Ten got you something special." I added, a smirk forming on my face.

Johnny seemed to malfunction for a moment, his body freezing as he took in my words. He audibly gulped, his tongue darting out to wet his lips.

He turned to me, "Really?"

I only nodded.

I had a very deep gut feeling that we both knew what Ten got him however it made me a bit hesitant since the way Taeyong said it made it seem so innocent. But what was so innocent about Johnny and Ten anyways? Nothing.

Several pings reached our ears and Johnny literally laughed, an incredulous one.

I looked over his shoulder and saw a continuous flow of 'Johnjae' all over the comments. It made me laugh— we both had lovers, ones we were loyal to. I decided to let it go and just looked at the different bracelets in the glass case, looking for something that fit Taeyong.

I saw Johnny look up at the camera and mindlessly said, "I'm sorry, guys. I'm already taken."

My head literally snapped up to his, my eyes watching as he acted like he didn't just blurt that out.

Oh my fucking—

Did this guy not even care at the moment? It felt like he was Haechan at the moment, someone who loved spoiling shit that shouldn't even be.

We were dead.

Oh, so very dead.

[A/N]
Filler chapter(kinda) because I really didn't know how to write this one and it's fucking 3 am in the morning for me since I've binged watched a lot of Overwatch and League of Legends on Youtube so now I'm so fatigued :) shit's 'bout to go down, my lads!
How was chapter 16?

Please like, comment and share!🥀