Chapter 8 : No Contradictions

8 | 6:32 p.m.

As soon as the car stopped, my thoughts of my whole life(name it— dancing, my theatre performance and my friends) were immediately stopped as my attention was pulled to look at the place outside the window.

In front of me was a posh, elegant restaurant with 'Ambre Noir' in a bold red script writing. It looked espensive as well and even though I lived in a rather comfortable family that paid well for my studies, my parents would only bring me and my siblings in one of these places at least once a year when there was a special event or celebration.

How rich was Jaehyun?

Okay, I admit that I may have an idea however, it was because I needed to learn more about his world, with all it's fame, money, scandals and brands.

I couldn't keep walking blindly in the dark as well. Maybe a few details and facts may help me so my research might pay off in the future.

He opened the door for me without me realizing and a light tint dusted over my cheeks as I quietly thanked him before he locked his car. We walked together towards the double glass doors but I felt warmth enclose around my right hand.

I looked up at him and he was already staring at me as he intertwined our fingers gently as he led me towards the entrance.

I smiled back, my heart fluttering in my chest.

A lady in a bold red suit greeted us at the front of the door, with her hair down in an awfully good-looking sleek ponytail, her face in a light makeup, her bold red matte lipstick being the main point of attraction as she eyed us.

She gave us a small closed smile before speaking, "Good evening. Do you have a reservation for the night?" She asked as she looked at the leather clipboard in her hand.

Jaehyun nodded.

"We do."

She looked up and nodded back, "May I ask for your name, please?" She gently asked as she took the fountain pain that was on her necktie, clicking it open.

"Jung Jaehyun."

She wrote something on the clipboard before smiling up at us.

"Welcome to Ambre Noir. Would it only be the two of you?" She asked, her eyes locking with mine and I could feel a gentle feeling creep up in me as she looked away.

She seemed nice.

Jaehyun smiled his dashing smile, "Yes."

She nodded before a bodyguard in a suit with an earpiece pushed the door open for us, her hand gesturing us in, "I will be leading you to your table."

I followed inside and immediately awed at the whole place. It had a general theme of dark red and black. The chairs were velvet red but the tables had white clothing on top of them. The seats were place around, a bit away from the others for privacy. The place had a high ceiling and chandeliers glowing a soft yellow. Gold accents were everywhere and there was soft jazz music playing in the background.

People consisted of lovers, rich sophisticated families and businesspeople who talked and all I could hear was the soft chatter of voices and the quiet clinking of utensils.

"Please, enjoy the night. Your waiter will be here in a few moments." She gave us a gentle bow as she walked away.

I looked down and realized that she lead us to a table that had a clear view of everything, right in the middle of everyone who were here. It didn't bother me but I preferred to be a bit more private with Jaehyun. The social distancing was good however, so it didn't make me feel anxious or nervous about whatever we might be talking about.

I sat down on my seat while Jaehyun sat right in front of me.

Not more than two seconds that we have settled, a male had already walked over to our table with menus in his hand with no pad or pen, just an earpiece.

"Good evening, gentlemen. Welcome to Ambre Noir. I'm Liam and I'll be in your company through your whole stay so feel free to ask or request me anything." He gave me a smile to which I replied back with a nod.

"However, while you are choosing your main courses, I would suggest the Domaine Leroy Richebourg Grand Cru as your starter. It's our of the best Pinot Noir that goes best with most of our courses." He started off and my brows only furrowed.

Jaehyun only nodded as he gave gentle smile towards our waiter, "Can we get some water...." His voice faded as I could only get lost in my thoughts.

Wait, wait, wait—

I may not seem like it but I'm a big wine enthusiast and Richebourg Grand Cru costs like $7,000+.

Uhm, money who? It seems that Jaehyun doesn't even care how much he's spending? Is being an idol this....rich? What even is he right word? It somehow makes me happy to know that's being paid properly but being spoiled like this was overwhelming.

"Are you ready to take your orders?" He asked, not even bothered with my existential crisis.

I nodded.

Okay, fine, if Jaehyun was spoiling me then I might just take advantage of it. Even just for one night. After this, no more overspending.

"I'll have the grilled sea bass with stuffed courgettes, tomatoes with olives and basil." I started off and Liam only nodded as if he understood.

He wasn't writing any of this down as well? Did he memorize it or are we being heard through his earpiece right now? I've never been more lost than I probably am right now. The rich life is too confusing!

"I'll be taking the turkey ballotine with spinach, braised baby gems, potato rosti with thyme jus. Kindly add the sour cherry strawberry meringue galette for dessert, please." Jaehyun smiled, closing his menu as he handed it towards Liam.

Liam smiled before turning towards me.

"Anything for dessert, sir?"

"I'll get the crème brûlée please."

He smiled again before taking my menu, "Your orders will be out in 10 minutes. I'll be getting your wine right away."

He bowed.

"It is nice to see a couple like you here. It is strangely calming to be around you." He added before leaving.

That just made my day.

Not because he called me and Jaehyun a couple, okay maybe it did but what he added about us being strangely calming made me realize a lot of things.

Things that I was stupid to not realize.

Me and Jaehyun were completely similar in unseen ways. How we take joy in comfortable silence, away from any social interactions that get overwhelming. We both loved each other's company and we were simple a pair of people that took pride in comforting and supporting others. Jaehyun loved to compliment, and shows his love to his members and fans while I listened and became people's shoulder to cry on.

He gives while I take, he talks to others while I listen to them.

That's why it was so comfortable when we first met.

Because we were never even contradicting to begin with— in fact, we complimented each other's actions and personalities because we were different in small manners.

[A/N]
The next chapters would be long because I want to emphasize emotions and scenes very well. Long chapters are my specialty, I just don't do them much because most don't prefer it much but tell me if you'd like longer chapters so I can adjust😊
How was chapter 8?

Please like, comment and share!🥀