Chapter 8~

▫□░▒▓█▓▒░□▫

★Lucy's POV★

"Gate of the Lion, I open thee! Leo!" I summon Loke after finishing my 'meal'.

"Why hello there, Princess!" Loke says as he kisses the top of my hand.

"Err.. yeah hello, Loke." I say as I take back my hand from him.

"So.. Training, huh?" He says with a grin.

"Please.. Not like yesterday Loke!" I plead, anime crying.

He does an evil laugh with a black aura around him... His eyes are hidden because of the sudden shadow but his right eye is glowing red..

What the hell?

"5 LAPS AROUND THE ISLAND, 100 PUSH UPS, 100 SIT UPS AND 100 CRUNCHES!" He yells.

...What have I done to deserve this wrath..?

▧▨▧▨▧▨▧

97.... 

98......

99........

100!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY! I FINALLY FINISHED EVERYTHING!

I lay on the floor, panting.

"You know, Lucy.. You took 4 hours to do that. More than what our training session is supposed to be.." Loke sweat drops.

"Hey! It's not my fault if you gave me too much exercise to do!" I defend myself.

"I expect you, at the end of the three months, to be able to do this in less than an hour!" He says, smirking.

What?

Less than a hour??

ALL OF THIS??!! IN LESS THAN AN HOUR??!!

"Are you serious?! It's impossible for me!" I exclaim.

"Then why are you training?" He asks, his smirk dropping.

"Well.. To be able to go on more missions with my friends and become stronger." I answer.

"So, you want me to stop training you because it's 'impossible' for you?" He asks another question, raising one brow.

"Well... no.." I answer, looking at the sky.

"During this long training, you'll have to go beyond your limits. How do you think people get stronger, huh? So don't expect me to go easy on you, I'm doing this for you, don't forget that." He says. He then adds something that made me realize what was truly going on in my head, "Pathetic."

I sigh and say, "You're right.. I've been a burden more times than I can count, I loose half of my fights and I'm always complaining... I think.. the real reason why I want to train is to improve myself... I always knew I wasn't as strong as the others but... when the others told me they're going on a mission without me... It just made me realize how weak I am compared to them... How useless I am for them... I want them to realize I can be as strong and useful as them! I don't want to sound selfish but.. I want to be strong, maybe even stronger than them! I want them to finally stop treating me like an incompetent mage! I want.. I..".

"I want them to feel bad about leaving me.." I say, almost in a whisper.

Tears were slowly rolling down my cheeks..

I just realized out loud what I really wanted.. Heh.. I sound selfish, don't I?

I think I always knew this but I didn't want this to be the reason why I am training.. I don't want to sound like a bad friend... But I can't help it.

I'm done with being always the one left alone.. I've been alone most of my life, my mom died, my dad ignored me, I had to run away, then I was alone to fight Tartaros.. I even had to sacrifice Aquarius' key... then Natsu left without saying anything.. just leaving a note before leaving... The guild disbanded and I was alone, again. And now, this?! I'm tired of this! I'll show them I can be as good as them!

Loke smirks, as if he could hear what I was thinking.

"You're finally accepting the truth Lucy. Don't think you're selfish or whatever, you have the right to be mad from time to time." He says, smiling at me.

"Yes.. I'm not technically mad at them personally, just at what they've done but... Even if I'm sorta mad, I still love them, they're my nakamas and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world." I say as I get up.

"That's the spirit!" Loke says.

"Sorry about today's training, tomorrow I'll do my best." I say as I look at him, smiling.

"It's alright princess, actually, I think that it was a good emotional training." He replies, also smiling.

"Okay. Well thanks for today, you can go back now." I say.

"Oh, and also, try to do exercises and morning jogging. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow, princess." He winks at me before going back to the celestial world.

I sigh and look at the sky one more time. 

Welp I guess I should try to start building the house.

▧▨▧▨▧▨▧

Ughh, I'm so tired.

I had to make another axe because the one I previously did sucks.

I only succeeded to cut down 2 trees with the help of my whip.

So, now I'm just sitting there, in front of the fire I made, eating apples I found on a tree.

After eating I have to meditate and do exercises... Actually I think I'll do exercises first.

After what happened during Loke's training, it made me realize that the emotional part of the training is as important as the physical one.

I need to know why I'm currently here and not lie to myself.

Well, now I know why I'm here but I'm pretty sure there's still other questions I need to ask myself.

I also want to become more confident, I've always been insecure even if sometimes I hide this fact.

I think the chakra thing with Capricorn really helped me about feeling better... After opening my seven chakras I just felt so.. clean? 

I'm really looking forward this training.

I won't give up...

I'll try-.. no..

I'll do my best.

Because that's what I want.

I want to be who and what I think I deserve to be.

Strong, happy and simply me.

Yeah.. sounds like a plan..

I look at my Fairy Tail mark on my right hand and softly smile.

★☆★☆★☆★