three

patrick kept his hand twisted up in between mays as they walked into the school building

patrick kept his hand twisted up in between mays as they walked into the school building. he painted soft patterns on her skin, and kept her nerves at bay. henry walked on the right of his sister with vic and belch behind them. may kept her eyes down as they walked throughout the halls. she's couldn't believe three months had already passed, and she was back in the halls that she dreaded to return to.

"already hate it here," patrick whispered to may, squeezing her hand as he did so. may shyly smiled up at him as they walked up to the library doors. henry shuffled to a stop before twisting to his sister. he leaned down to mays height and gently put his hands on her shoulders.

"okay, either patrick or i will check up on you during lunch and you know where to meet us after school right?" henry spoke softly to her, making sure his voice was gentle along with his tone. he still felt bad for what had happened earlier that morning. may nodded her head, remember the parking spot belch parked in every single day. "okay, well, ill see you in a few hours then," henry hesitantly stood up straight and reached out to ruffle mays hair. patrick brought may's hand up to his lips and left a quick and tender kiss on her knuckles before walking off with the boys.

may didn't mind how the boys were so protective over her, but she never understood why they were, especially henry. she knew that she was his 'baby' sister but she wasn't that much younger than him. the two were Irish twins, barely 11 months apart. may wasn't a child anymore, but henry had always cradled and babied her nevertheless. she had a feeling that he alway would. his bad boy façade was just that to may-- a façade. a mask he would wear only at school.

may shuffled into the library and quickly found an empty table near the back. she set her backpack up on the table and pulled out her book.

a few minutes of silence had past until a group of four boys stumbled into the library. they were causing quite an instrumental-- talking loudly amongst themselves and trying their hardest to catch their breaths-- forcing may to shut her book. she gazed over her shoulder to see exactly what was happening.

"eddie i told you! bowers never comes in here," a boy with glasses sighed, leaning over to catch his breath again. he had his hand on his lower stomach but looked upward through his glasses at the shorter boy standing in front of him. mays ears perked up at the sound of her last name. she focused her eyes on the boy. he had grown out black curls, hiding the edge of his big thick glasses. he was at least 6 foot tall, and towered over his friends. "now, can we sit?"

"y-yeah, follow me," a skinny boy stuttered, leading him to a table. once the he began to walk toward the table that may was at, he quickly stopped in his footsteps. another boy with curly hair bumped into him, prompting a hushed apology from the other. may quickly shoved her eyes back down to the text of her book at his wondering eyes,

" let's s-sit here ac-actually," the boy muttered.

"make up your mind big bill," the boy with the glasses joked, shoving bill forward playfully. the boy rolled his eyes as he sat down at the table in front of mays. bill sat next to the boy with brown curly hair, then across the table sat the shorter boy and the boy with glasses.