ten

may sat curled up in front of her vanity

may sat curled up in front of her vanity. her blonde hair was tied back in a low bun, but some short strands were pulled out to frame her face. may held a tube of pink lip gloss in her hand was she gently applied it to her lips.

"may?"

she twisted around to see henry standing in her door frame. his golden hair was messy, and he still wore his black sleeping shirt. may gestures toward his pajamas, and sent a questioning look his way.

"schools canceled today, a lot of kids went home sick yesterday," henry stuck his hands in his sweat pants pockets as he walked into her bedroom, "the school board thinks it's pretty serious, so we're stayin home."

may set down her lip gloss and sighed. she had gotten up at her regular time to get ready for school. may was already dressed and ready to go. she nodded her head and stood up from her vanity stool.

baby blue overall shorts hung from the girl's hips, with a white, tight fit turtle neck tucked into it. she had on white, frilly socks and black sneakers.
henry could tell she was disappointed that she had put in effort this morning for nothing. he smiled softly at her and ruffled her hair.

"tell you what, since we don't have school... what if I dropped you off at your friend's house?"

may smiled right away at the request. she nodded her head as she walked over to her brother. he knew richie lived just a few houses down from theirs, so walking may there wouldn't be a problem.

"okay, let me put some shoes on and we'll go," henry smiled. may walked with him to his room, and waited patiently by the door.
henry day on the end of his bed with his sneakers next to him. he quickly tied the laces and stood up.

"let's go kid."

may and henry walked next to each other on the side walk

may and henry walked next to each other on the side walk. the sun hid behind dark clouds, trying its best to make an appearance. henry walked with his right hand in his pocket but his left hand outside of it. he wanted to make sure his hand closest to may would be free if he needed it. she trotted next to him peacefully gazing around the grey sky.
he knew they were almost to richies house, but he didn't want to leave her. henry wanted to trust richie but he found it hard to.

"okay, here we are," henry whispered out, gently placing his hand on her shoulder. may recognized the house as richies. she knew the dying rose bushs in the front yard like no other. "ill be at home if you need me, okay?"

may nodded, and smiled at henry. he smiled back, pushing back his worry for his baby sister. "okay, see you later,"
with that henry turned around and started walking back home.

may took a deep breath before knocking on the door. she knocked three times timidly, yet not too quietly. the inside of the house was quiet, and lights were off. though, may heard stumbling and giggles. the door knob twisted for a moment before the door burst open.

richie stood in the door frame. his hair was messy and he wore dark ripped jeans and a long sleeve shirt. may noticed his dopey grin as soft giggles fell past his lips.

"may!" he beamed out, swaying from the frame and out side. his body movements were messy, and buzzed with marijuana. may saw how glassy his eyes were when he slang his arm over her shoulder. "you wanna smoke?"

 "you wanna smoke?"