eleven

may was taken back by his words

may was taken back by his words. she had never even thought of touching marijuana. she knew henry had smoked, patrick too but she never felt the need to.

richie stumbled a little getting out of the door frame so he could let may in. she smiled and shut the door behind her. richie gently grabbed her hand and let her to the living room.
the television was on a low volume, and their was a nest of blankets on the couch. on the table in front of the couch laid a bag of weed and a small bong.

may sat down on the couch and reached for the weed. she had never really seen it before. the smell lingered around the room, as did smoke. the smell never bothered may. it some how felt comfortable to her.

"do you smoke?" richie's deep voice mumbled from behind her. he walked around the table and to the opposite side of the couch. may shook her head, placing the bag back down on the table. "never??"
may again shook her head. richie looked at her in a buzzed awe. she was so delicate and untouched, at least in his eyes. he reached up and tucked a piece of mays hair behind her ear. she gazed up.

richie wasn't wearing his glasses. his eyes still hid behind his curly hair but she noticed his bare eyes. she liked them. the dark, smoky color and his long eye lashes.

"its really fun," he chuckled, letting his hand linger on may's cheek. she twisted red at his actions. richie felt her cheeks warm up. "you—you should try it."

may shrugged her shoulders, waving the idea off. even if she wanted to try it, right now wasn't the time to. richie was too high to take care of himself. at least it seemed that way to may.

"you know what you remind me of?" richie mumbled on, twisting and prodding at his hair. may looked over at him with curiosity. richie smiled at the light in her eyes. "the night sky."

may laughed to herself, letting her body slump further into the couch. she kept her eyes on the boy, telling him to carry on.

"most people would say the sun— because you radiate such a warmth. b-but you're the night sky to me," richie chuckled, leaning toward her. "you shine whether people want you to or not. you're the star guiding me where to go."

may blushed hard. no one had ever spoken such kind words to her. richie had a way with words, sober or not. he was poetic in his own way, he just needed some help from a certain girl named mary jane.
she bit her lip and looked away from richie. she didn't know how to act. he made her feel like it was just the two of them in the world. richie know how to release the butterflies from her stomach and how to control them. something about him was different. he had control over her. such control that speaking didn't scare her anymore.

"you know what else?" richie babbled. his movements were slightly messy as he hung up side down on the couch. he had his legs hanging off of the arm of the couch and his arms in the air. "i knew i was in trouble when I heard you laugh for the first time— and i wanted to laugh along too."

richie quickly switched his position on the couch so he was sitting on his knees and facing may. she sat quietly, waiting for him to continue. she could see the excitement in his eyes.

"i don't know anything about you may— ive never heard you speak a word! but i know id risk it all for you,"

may sighed. everything richie was saying was flattering and made her feel amazing. though, she didn't know if she could believe it. he wasn't sober. how could she know he was telling her the truth?
may slipped her sneakers off and sat fully on the couch. if she wanted to believe richie, she was going to fully dive in. he was right when he said he didn't know much about her.

richie mimicked her actions and sat on the couch normally as well. he watched her every move, waiting for something to happen. he never knew what to expect from the quiet girl.
though what threw richie off guard was when may stuck her hand out for richie to grab.
he did, and shook her hand. to say richie was confused would be an understatement.

he watched as may took a deep breath, and exhale slowly. she finally looked up at him, and stared into his eyes. "hi, im may."

"