five

patrick walked hand in hand with may to the local library

patrick walked hand in hand with may to the local library. may needed to return a book and patrick said he would take her. he had never been inside of the library, thought he would give it a go.

he watched and chuckled as may scurried to pull out the front door. she skipped all the way into the building. may looked at the librarian and smiled, holding up the book she had come to return. "im going to look around, okay?"

may nodded her head as she headed toward the  fantasy section. she exchanged the first harry potter book for the second. slipping the book into her bag she twisted quickly on her heels. not excepting to have her body collide with someone else's.

"shit— m'sorry," the voice groaned, sitting slightly up. may sat on her aching tailbone, rubbing her wrist. before she stood up she noticed a pair of glasses laying on the ground. "is your wrist okay?"

may rose to her feet with the glasses in between her fingertips. she gazed up to the person, and felt a wave of nerves wash over her stomach. richie tozier stood in front of her giving her a weak smile.

she nodded frantically before handing the glasses back to him. richie grabbed them as he muttered a thank you. what may hadn't noticed was richie had picked up her bag.

he looked down at it before handing it over to her. mays cheeks burned red as she softly smiled at him. "you're may right?"

she nodded her head as she slung her bag over her shoulders. richie softly smiled before looking behind may, where patrick stood. his throat ran a little dry.

"uh who ya here with?" he mumbled, though he already knew. may inhaled lightly before humming. she twisted on her heels, searching for the older boy. she smiled and excitedly pointed at patrick, who was holding up a hardback book in confusion.

"p-patrick? he took ya to the library?" may nodded, grinning. yet, she noticed richies mood change. she tugged in the bottom of his jean jacket, grasping his attention.

his brown eyes met hers, they furrowed in confusion. she pointed to him, then a thumbs up. you okay?

"yeah, i'm okay," he chuckled, hiding his eyes within his many curls. his lips twisted into a smile, as he picked up another item from the floor. "this is a good one." he handed harry potter and the chamber of secrets back to her.

she nodded, taking the book back. richie scratched the back of his neck, wanting to talk more. but he watched as patrick set down the book he was looking at and started to walk up to may.

"i should get going..." he sighed, and watched the girl in front of him frown. she nodded slowly, understanding. "but uh..." richie started, leaning down to mays height, "you may want to look in your bag."

may looked up at the boy in confusion. he winked before back away from the girl and walking away. may blushed. "see ya later may!"

"was that richie tozier?" patrick asked, linking their hands together as they walked out of the building. may nodded, swinging their hands. "i don't want you around him."

may stopped walking, forcing patrick to as well. fidgeting with the strap of her book bag she looked up at him. waiting for him to explain.

"look may," patrick sighed, twisting to face her fully, "richie hasn't done the best things."

may felt a soft flame warm up her chest. she desperately felt like sticking up for richie. though she didn't know him very well, everyone deserved a chance.

may reached into her bag and grabbed a red pen and a small handheld journal. she flipped to a blank page and scribbled down a response.

and you have?

"babes you know i don't do those things anymore— it's just henry now." patrick sighed, handing the journal back to the girl. she gave him a glare. patrick put up his hands at her anger. "okay—okay look," he paused. "richie isn't that kind of bad, he is take your love and break your heart kind of bad."

may nodded as he talked with a sigh She began to scribble again.

what makes you so sure he hasn't changed like you have?

patrick studied the neat writing for a moment. he groaned at the thought of ruining a new, blossoming friendship for may. but he knew the things richie did to girl like may.

"ive seen the things— the things he's done to girls," patrick ran a hand through his raven hair, thinking of a gentler way to breakdown his reasoning. "i don't want you falling for someone who won't appreciate everything you have to offer. okay? i don't want to see you hurt," patrick hummed as he brought his hand up to brush some of may's hair out of her face. "i love you babes— you know im looking out for you."

may took her notebook back with a hung head. she slipped it into her bag once again and grabbed for patrick's hand. she understood why patrick was concerned, but she couldn't control the feelings that had already started to bloom. though, trying her best to keep patrick happy, she decided not to look in her bag.

richie had put his phone number on a slip of paper into her bag when he picked it up off of the ground.

"come on, henrys probably wondering what's taking us so long."

There will be more richie content I swear!!! But I'm trying to show mays and Patrick's relationship

There will be more richie content I swear!!! But I'm trying to show mays and Patrick's relationship. The story is developing 😂