twelve

richie clung onto mays petite hand as the words fell past her lips

richie clung onto mays petite hand as the words fell past her lips. he sucked in a breath of air. in that moment, he was sober. richie looked at her with widen eyes.

"h-holy shit! may you.." richie struggled to get one solid thought out.

her voice rang like dainty bells. it flowed like a calm river on a summer day. it was as thick and sweet as fresh honey yet fragile. richie could listen to her talk for hours on end. he never knew you could find such comfort within one voice.

"how long has it been?" richie asked after collecting his thoughts a little more. may chewed on her bottom lip as she thought for a moment.

"f-few years..." may sighed, trying her best to get used to her voice. though, she couldn't control the stuttering. she was going to have to get used to that.
her voice had changed since the last time she heard it. it was deeper, and more mature. "i m-mean... i used to talk a little but last ye-year i stopped completely."

"why? if you don't mind me asking," richie scooted closer to may as he awaited her reply.

"everyone has the chapters they don't read ou-out loud, right?"

"yeah?"

"that's all of my chapters," may started with a small sigh.

"last year must have been one hell of a chapter babe," richie joked lightly, rubbing a soft pattern on mays hand. she smiled gently, and looked up at him.
he was art to may. from his high cheekbone down to the way he styled his jeans. richie glowed effortlessly. he didn't have to try for may to stop and admire his beauty. she did it every chance she had. richie was the film may could replay until the tape broke.

"may?" richie asked, catching the blondes attention.

"yeah?"

"i asked if you wanted to watch a movie?" he chuckled. may flushed red. she was too busy looking at richie to hear him.

"okay," she smiled, and watched richie pick up the remote. he turned on the T.V and it flipped to a random channel.

"oh! can we watch the breakfast club?" richie asked, his voice dripping with excitement. May giggled before twisting toward the television. she has watched the movie so many times that she knew every scene within a short moment of seeing it.

"but, its the ending," may whispered out quietly. richie smiled down at her as he set the remote on the end table. he slyly wrapped his arm around may's shoulders and pulled her to him. richie scooped up may in his arms while he settled into the couch.

"endings are the best part," he mumbled into her ear then fixated his gaze on the movie.

may blushed deeply as she hid her face within the sleeves of richies shirt. richie chuckled softly and ran his fingers through mays hair as an apology for flustering her.
may breathed in the scent that lingered on richie's shirt. fresh mint twisted with mahogany and marijuana. a combination that would soon be her new favorite smell.

 a combination that would soon be her new favorite smell