epilogue

"patrick grab the door, would you please?" mays voice echoed through the kitchen and traveled into the living room

"patrick grab the door, would you please?" mays voice echoed through the kitchen and traveled into the living room. patrick and henry sat slumped deep into the old couch cushions.

"noticed how she said patrick and not henry?" henry snickered out, and pushed patrick off the couch. patrick stumbled over his own two feet before standing up straight.

"fuck you," he flipped henry the bird before cracking a soft smile.
patrick swung his hand toward the doorknob, but stopped. before twisting the knob, patrick quickly gazed out of the window. "gotta be safe," he joked before fully taking in who was behind the door.

patrick muttered a curse word before twisting on his heels and entering the kitchen. his eyes fell onto may right away.
she stood by the front burner of the stove, stirring a pot of pasta. the noodles were doused in cheese and a homemade sauce.

"smells amazing babes," patrick commented in his signature soft tone. the words still frightened the girl since she had been facing away from him.

may smiled sweetly at him before wiping her hands on her jeans. "thank you," may then tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, "who was at the door?"

patrick sighed and held out his hand for may to grab. she did in a heartbeat and began to gently swing their clasped hands. but before the two left the kitchen, may took the cooking pasta off of the burner.
patrick lead her to the front door and opened it for her.

"what are you doing?" may giggled out and let her eyes adjust to the bright outside.
patrick gave her a weak smile and squeezed her hand before letting go of her hand and walking back inside.

may twisted to look further out of the door frame to see richie. he stood with his hands in his front jean pockets and with his head down.

"richie?" may asked. the boy brought his head up when he heard the sound of her voice, her tone coming off more harsh than he was expecting.
and yet, sound of her voice was just as he remembered it to be, only better. it didn't matter that her tone was harsh.
she spoke more clearly than she had before, and she no longer stuttered. yet, it was still as soft and sweet as honey.

"hey may..." richie chuckled out, though he knew deep down he was scared. scared of rejection.

"what do you want?" may pondered as she leaned backwards to close the front door. richie sighed deeply.

"i wanted to apologize."

"apologize?" may questioned with annoyance on her tongue, "you're only a few months late."

richie slumped his shoulders forward as he hung his head. he didn't expect the conversation to go any smoother. he started to kick at the small pebbles at his feet using his shoes.
may groaned as she sat down on the front steps. she gazed up to richie before patting the spot next to her. the boy seemed a little confused, but did as he was told.