seven

may stood quietly next to the tall curly headed boy

may stood quietly next to the tall curly headed boy. he had a ever growing smile on his face as he waved over a group of kids.

the group came rushing over. may pressed her side closer to richie out of instinct. he looked down at her, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. may blushed.

"it's okay," richie began, "they're nice."

may's nerves calmed down a bit. she sighed into his touch, aching for the warmth he gave off. richie grabbed ahold of may's hand as he started to walk toward the group of people.

"hey bitches!" may lifted her head at his open, crude language. she was always taught not to curse. that that wasn't a ladies natural tongue.

"speak for yourself, slut," the only girl of the group laughed. she then noticed a pair of wondering eyes.

"who's your doll, tozier?" she asked, sending may a wink. may felt her face flush as she twisted to hide in richies jacket.

"she ain't no doll marsh, her name is may,"

"i know! i was just playin rich," she laughed, nudging the boy's shoulder. his grip around may's hand tighten. "not my type either."

"thank god! i thought we were going to have to fight over her!" richie chuckled.

"hi, my name is beverly marsh," she charmed, waving at the shy girl before sticking her hands in her pockets.

beverly marsh, the hottest girl in school. though, everyone knew she played for the same team as all the boys. she was captain of the female lacrosse team, and also played the bass guitar. her ginger hair was always kept short, with sometimes the sides shaved. never was much for hats or bandannas unless her girlfriend, greta, made her wear them.

may stuck her hand out from the extra material of her sweater to wave back. she smiled a bit as well.

"theres that smile," richie whispered to her. "stop hiding," he teased and gently placed his hand in the small of mays back. he shifted her from behind him and out into the open.

"hi may, my name is ben," another voice chimed in, drawing mays attention away from richie.

ben hanscom. the heart throb of the school year. he was the summer success story. ben had lost a lot of weight over the summer and came back his junior year looking like a completely different person. though, he was still just as humble. he was the one you went to if you needed the answers to homework. and he would give them to you.

may smiled, and shook his outstretched hand. she was surprised. none of them had asked about her lack of speech. though, may figured most people knew.

"stan uris," a taller boy murmured, stepping forward and waved at her. she waved back.

stanley uris. people sadly knew him for being one of the only jewish students to attend derry high. they lacked to acknowledge was his acting skills. stan had an outstanding talent for theater. he would never admit he was a good actor, but everyone knew it. he would sell out every school play, whether he was the lead or a side part.

"my names b-bill," the boy with auburn hair smiled, looking down at the girl.

bill denbrough. he was such a sweetheart. bill was the kid everyone would go to if they needed a love letter written, because his handwriting was so good. he also maintained a 4.0 all through out middle school and high school. bill balanced school work, guitar lessons and friends very well.

"i guess that leaves me," the last boy spoke, but may knew well who he was. "im eddie."

eddie kaspbrak. your token soft boy. he was known for his drawing skills and for having a nice fashion taste. he was recently emancipated from his home, and was living with richie. everyone knew it was for the best. eddie couldn't have been more happy about his decision to do so. eddie used to tutor may in math.

may took a moment to take in everything. here she stood with some of the most talked about people in all of the school. she realized how well they all fit together. she smiled and waved.

"then there me of course," a deep voice bellowed against mays neck. it sent a shiver across her skin. may twisted around to see richie. he stood there with a smug smirk on his lips and his eyes hid behind his outlandish curls. "im richie."

richie toizer. a boy who had intrigued may for a long time now. he had tattoos of black ink only that littered all around his body. he didn't care if he was a minor. he had his way of getting what he wanted. and he never quite felt right unless he had tobacco swirling around his lungs. richie had almost every girl in their school at his feet, though he didnt like the attention all that much. he liked the experiences.
he was the boy that everyone warned her about. the boy who was known for heartbreak. but may had never seen it happened. she had never seen any girl speak a bad word about him. may didn't understand what made richie toizer so dangerous.

yet, something inside of her wanted to find out.