thirteen.

a yawn left yumi's mouth as she walked into the kitchen. looking around the oddly quiet room, yumi tilted her head before calling out, "soobin?"

"i'm out here," he answered, his voice sounding like it was coming from the balcony.

grabbing a bun from the pantry, yumi handed it to him as she walked outside, "here." he nodded in thanks, but continued to stare up at the sky, "what are you doing?"

"i just miss home," he smiled, albeit rather sadly.

"what's it like up there?"

his smile visibly grew at the opportunity to talk about his beautiful home, "there's palaces everywhere, and the flowers are always bloomed. kids are always playing, the grass is always green," his smile fell a bit, as his eyes locked with yumi's, "it's beautiful."

breaking their eye contact, yumi nodded, taking in the information, "it sounds beautiful."

"if i could take you there, just to show you, even if it's only a few minutes.. you would see just how beautiful it really is."

the two sat in silence for a moment longer, before yumi walked away, a new admiration for soobin sprouting within her.

looking back, she watched as he slowly ate the bread she gave him. he turned towards her, waving and smiling as his dimples appeared on his cheeks. yumi quickly turned away, her heart's pace quickening within her chest.

"how annoying," she spoke out loud, when in reality, she was thinking, how cute.

-

short, but detrimental to the plot!!