seventeen.

"do you have everything you need?" soobin asked for what felt like the millionth time.

"yes, soobin," yumi sighed, rolling her eyes. "i packed everything."

"and you packed snacks for the-"

"yes, i packed snacks for the bus." yumi stared up at him in irritation, before turning and walking away with her suitcase.

soobin walked faster to catch up with her as he looked around warily at the other people in the transit station, "you don't have to be mad, i'm just worried about you. it's a long trip to namhae from seoul."

"i'll be fine, i promise," she smiled to reassure him, "i'll just think of it as a five hour power nap."

soobin nodded, before checking his watch, "your bus is the 9:30am one, right?" she nodded, which made him frown, considering 9:30 was only four minutes away. "it'll be weird without you here."

"it's only for two days, soobin."

he pouted out his lips, opening his arms, "goodbye hug?"

panicking, yumi watched as he walked closer, her heartbeat rising in her throat. without a second thought, she shook his hand and then booked it towards her bus.

soobin scratched his head for a moment, before chuckling quietly to himself at her antics. "cute."

➴➶➴

six and a half hours later, yumi had finally made it to her hometown on namhae island. she found herself smiling softly at the reminiscent road that lead up to her family home as she walked along.

"yumi!" she heard someone yell, causing her to quickly look up.

"dad!" she yelled excitedly, waving as she ran towards the man.

once they reached each other, her father pulled her into a hug, "i was wondering when i'd get to see my daughter's face again."

"i missed you," she hugged him, realizing just how much she actually had missed him.

"let's go in, the whole family is waiting for us!" he pulled away, grabbing his daughter's luggage.

around an hour later, yumi and her family were all sitting around the dinner table, conversing. everyone was so excited, as they hadn't all been together since their grandmother's last birthday.

"yumi," her grandmother called out, causing the girl to turn her head towards her.

"yes, grandmother?"

"do you have a boyfriend yet?"

"yes, she does."

immediately, yumi turned to taehyun, who shrugged as if to say what? don't look at me.

the two began to talk to each other with only their expressions, as yumi's face contorted in anger, you said you'd keep your mouth shut!

taehyun smirked, shaking his head, that ami girl has a boyfriend, so it didn't work out.

so that means you're just going back on your deal? yumi rolled her eyes, exasperated.