epilogue.

"then what happened next, mom?" the ten-year-old girl looked up at her mother with eager eyes as she awaited her answer.

the woman smiled, tucking the young girl into her bed, "then she and cupid went on to get married, have a family, and live out the rest of their lives together. their very own happily ever after."

the girl's smile only grew, her heart content with such a wonderful, picturesque ending. but her joy was short-lived when the sound of a fake gag was heard by the bedroom door.

"you've heard mom tell you this story over and over, yet you're acting like it's the first time you've heard it." her older brother shook his head, chuckling, "come on hyeji, when will you grow up?"

"you used to like hearing this story too, hyunseok," their mother smiled at her oldest child, "and you would wear the same smile that your sister does now."

"but now i'm fourteen, and stories like that are lame."

"what's lame?" their father asked, peaking his head in.

"that story mom always tells hyeji," hyunseok rolled his eyes.

their dad stepped further into the room, walking towards his wife, "yumi, are you telling them our story again?"

yumi smiled while nodding, as hyeji's eyes widened, "wait- mom, you're the the woman in the story? the one who fell in love with cupid?" with her brows raised in realization, she pointed at her father, "that means..."

"goodnight, hyeji." both her parents placed a kiss on her forehead, before walking to the bedroom door.

"but i still have so many questions!"

"save them for tomorrow," soobin turned out the light, closing the door behind him. the parents turned around, only to see their son staring at them with his arms crossed. "can we help you?" soobin asked, looking at his wife to see if she knew why he was straring at them so intently.

"if you're cupid, why are you down here, and not in the clouds doing cupid stuff?"

soobin chuckled, as he walked passed his son to go into the kitchen, yumi following closely behind him so she could go into the living room. "so that's what this is about."

"well?"

"i was cupid," he opened up the fridge, bringing out a water bottle, "but i loved your mother too much to leave her for a job that i didn't want to do. so i gave up my position to my little brother, who was quite the prodigy at match-making."

hyunseok sat down, all the thoughts running through his head beginning to be too much, "wait.. so you're telling me uncle beomgyu is cupid?"

soobin nodded, taking a sip from his water bottle. as he walked past his son, he patted his shoulder, said, "don't forget to turn off the lights when you're done in here," and then went to sit on the couch with yumi.

hyunseok turned to watch his father enter the living room, before shaking his head, "this is too weird." flipping off the lightswitch on his way out of the kitchen, he wondered if it was his or his parent's sanity that needed checking.

seeing her husband walking towards her, yumi scooted over a bit to create room for him. after he plopped down, she laid her head on his chest, the two releasing a content sigh in unison.

"how was your day?" soobin asked, his fingers gently twirling the ends of her hair.

"the usual. i finally settled that case with the angry grandmother," yumi chuckled at the thought of that ridiculous case. turning her head to look up at him, she asked, "what about you?"

"we've finally settled on a date to release my clothing line."

"the one you were working on with your old boss, right?"

soobin hummed in affirmation, moving his hand down so he could rub small circles on her back, "seokjin said that he's proud. when i asked him what he was proud of, he said it was his ability to find faces that were almost as handsome as his own," the two chuckled, as soobin went on, "he said that if he didn't have that ability, then he would've never found me."

"he has a good point," yumi reached up, bringing his face into her hands. pinching his cheeks slightly, she giggled, "but i think your face is much more handsome."

soobin stared down at her, that same loving look in his eyes that he's had all these years still there. he leaned down, placing a quick peck on her lips.

"what was that for?"

he shrugged, "i just love you."

yumi grinned, sitting up and giving him another kiss, "well, i love you more."

soobin shook his head as he placed little dotted kisses all over her face, "i love you most."

"fine, you win," yumi pouted, then laid her head on his chest again, as he wrapped an arm around her to bring her closer.

the two once again sighed contentedly, both of them reveling in the fact that nothing would ever be able to match the happiness they felt just by being with each other.

[ fin. ]