━ ii.

SNAKES
chapter two

SNAKESchapter two

তততততততততততত

"He was maybe five ten," Archie described the hooded man to Sheriff Keller. "A hundred and sixty pounds or so.

Rosemary sat at Archie's side while Jughead was at the vending machine getting a snack. He came back with a chocolate bar, splitting it in half after opening it and giving half to Rosemary. She sent him a thankful smile before taking a small bite out of the bar.

"And he was wearing dark pants and a dark jacket," Sheriff Keller read off the information he had already gathered from the teens. "Anything on the jacket? Symbol or insignia?"

"You mean like a snake?" Jughead asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No," Rosemary shook her head. "It was just a jacket. No snake."

"And the ski mask that he had on-"

"No," Archie cut off the sheriff. "It's not a ski mask. It's a hood, a black hood. Homemade, like he'd cut the eyes out himself. And the guy's eyes were green."

Rosemary remembered the look of the green eyes from the man. Through the slits he had cute from the hood were a pair of green eyes that had no look of good in them. Rosemary could tell with one look that the man did not care how young she was or if she was a female. He had no remorse when she cried as he held a clump of her hair and ripped upwards. He didn't care about her pleas as he held the gun to her head.

"Now," Sheriff Keller brought Rosemary out of her trance. "Pop Tate had a fairly good idea of what happened up until when your father was shot. And then, well there are some gaps. And I need you two to help me foll those. What did he do, our masked man?"

"After he shot my dad?" Archie asked, stiffening up. "He..."

Rosemary could see the look of distress in Archie's eyes. Like he was brought back to that moment with just a simple question. He looked between Jughead and Rosemary with a dazed off look. Rosemary wondered if he even really saw her or if he was stuck in his own mind. Instead of sitting in silence, she gave Archie a moment by speaking up herself.