━ v.

NOTHING
chapter five

NOTHINGchapter five

তততততততততততত

Rosemary didn't go to Archie's house with Jughead later that night. Instead she went to her mom's trailer and locked herself away. Rosemary spent her time trying to process her emotions that were flashing through her mind after hearing the deal the lawyer threw onto the table. 

When she first got to the trailer, a fury burned in her chest. Her own mother had tried to keep the lawyer's deal away from her and it left Rosemary feeling sick. The only family she had left in the cursed town of Riverdale was facing twenty to forty years in prison and she felt like there was nothing she could do about it. Rosemary, in her anger, had torn apart the living room of the trailer as her eyes flashed red. The coffee table was flipped, bottles thrown against the wall and shattered on the ground, couch cushions viciously torn apart.

After her fit of rage, Rosemary felt tears begin streaming down her face as she laid in the middle of the living room floor. Loud music blasted from her speaker as cigarette smoke pooled from her lips and bottles of alcohol littered the floor around her. She had been stuck with such intense grief that it left her feeling empty.

She felt like nothing.

So the next morning, Rosemary woke up still in the center of her living room floor, the bright sunlight from the windows raining down at her and causing her to squint. A headache pounded against the inside of her skull as Rosemary let out a soft groan, pushing herself up so she was now sitting. The blonde girl reeked of alcohol and smoke from the night before and decided a shower would do her good. 

Rosemary made her way into the bathroom, pulling out her phone from her back pocket and seeing dozens of calls and texts from Betty and Jughead. She noticed they were from an hour earlier and shrugged, tossing her phone on the sink counter before stripping herself of her clothes and climbing into the hot shower.

After scrubbing her skin of any stench of alcohol and smoke, Rosemary found herself sitting on the floor of her bathroom with her knees pulled up to her chest and her eyes unfocused as they locked on the tile beneath her. Her hangover was leaving her fatigued and sore, but it wasn't the worst pain she had ever felt.

The emptiness that Rosemary was feeling from the night before was being filled with any feeling she could grasp, which in that moment happened to be her hangover. Her body replaced emotions with physical pain that it was leaving her distant from the world around her. It was a usual thing for her to do, but she hadn't dove down this rabbit hole since the death of her brother. Now, everything was starting to hit her all at once all over again and it was leaving her a shell of her usual self.