━ iv

ACCEPTANCE
chapter four

ACCEPTANCEchapter four

তততততততততততত

Rosemary and Jughead hopped off of Jughead's motorcycle as they pulled up to FP's trailer in Sunnyside Trailer Park. Rain drenched them and Rosemary let out a small giggle as Jughead took her hand softly in his and spun her in the rain. Small moments between the two were the moments they treasured the most. Despite the teenage's girls somber mood in the dark times they were facing, Jughead always seemed to know how to bring a smile to her face.

The trailer door shut behind them with an echoing thud, both of them pulled off their soaking jackets and hanging them on hooks by the door. Rosemary shook her head at Jughead, water from her long blonde locks sprinkling on him. A smirk tugged at his lips as she flipped her hair out of her face, his arm, wrapping warmly around her shoulder as the two turned towards the living room. Both of them froze as their eyes landed on Tallboy and the young Serpent from the hospital. Between them was a man tied to a chair, his face bloody and beaten with his hands behind his back.

"What the hell, guys?" Jughead asked as he protectively tugged Rosemary behind him and made his way towards the Serpents. "What is this?"

"Went out like you asked," Tallboy shrugged nonchalantly, his eyes lingering on Rosemary as she made her way to Jughead's side. The older man had taken notice of her soft and bubbly nature she had when she walked in with Jughead, which contrasted her usual hard exterior when she was around most of the Serpents. "This guy was holding court in the Whyte Wyrm. Talking about how if Fred Andrews was gonna let Hiram Lodge's bitch run the show, fire his crew, then it's good he was gut-shot."

Rosemary's eyes lingered on the young Serpent. He had a smug look on his face as he proudly crossed his arms on his chest, a bloody brass knuckle shimming in the dim light. He looked the same as he did at the hospital, his dark hair freshly combed over and not a hair our of place.

"So we thought we might press him a bit," The young Serpent continued for Tallboy, his eyes trailing on Rosemary's figure up and down before looking over to Jughead. At his motion towards Rosemary, Jughead tightly grabbed her hand in his and pulled her to his side, taking a protective step in front of her. "See if it was all just talk."