━ vii.

UPPERS
chapter seven

UPPERSchapter seven

তততততততততততত

Rosemary got a text later that night from Betty asking if she wanted to go with them to Cheryl's house. Apparently the advice that Penny Peabody had given Jughead was that a way for them to lessen FP and Amelia's sentences was to have the family of the victim forgive them for their crimes and ask for mercy. When she read the text, Rosemary felt her face heat up in anger that even after Rosemary told Jughead not to, he was still taking Penny's advice. The blonde wanted no part of anything Penny had to do with, so, even though she knew her presence would help Cheryl agree to help, she left Betty on read and decided to spend her night at Archie Andrews's house.

Rosemary pulled up to the Andrews household and made her way towards the front, not even bothering to knock since she knew Fred kept the spare key under a potted plant in the front. She was quick to make her way in, only she was shocked to see Archie not in his room but sitting at the bottom of the stairs with a baseball bat at his side. He quickly stood and held it up threateningly when she walked in, but let it fall when he realized who she was.

"Who, easy there, tiger," Rosemary softly chuckled, closing the door behind her. "It's just me."

"Shit, Rose," Archie sighed, leaning the bat against the wall. "I could've hit you,"

Rosemary snorted as she leaned against the front door, her arms crossing over Jughead's sweatshirt that she wore. She hugged the hoodie a little closer as the scent of Jughead's calonge rose to her nose. The scent made her heart feel heavy in her chest as she thought back to earlier that day.

"You couldn't hit me if you tried, Andrews," Rosemary teased, her eyes falling on the energy drinks that sat at the floor around where he was sitting before. Her brows tugged downward along with her mouth into a deep frown as she turned her attention back up to Archie. "Especially with the lack of sleep you've been having. What the hell, Archie?"

Rosemary swifty scooped up an empty energy drink can and held it up towards her friend with a questioning look. She was quick to put the pieces together and understand what was going on with Archie, but that didn't mean she had to like it.

Archie was scared. She had noticed his tired eyes since that day that Fred was shot, bu she had just assumed that it was nightmares. What she didn't think he was doing was staying up all night with a bat staring at his front door while downing Red Bulls. She wondered if he had slept at all since the attack.

"Arch," Rosemary sighed as she placed down the empty can. She made her way over to her childhood friend and placed two comforting hands on his broad shoulders. "You need to slee-"