━ ix.

RETRO NIGHT
chapter nine

RETRO NIGHTchapter nine

তততততততততততত

Retro Night was a bust. Nobody was showing up to Pop's for the event, and the diner was only filled with River Vixens skating around on the floor and gossiping to keep themselves from getting bored. Rosemary had forgotten how much she missed skating and was spending her time skating laps around the diner while listening to music in her headphones. She had changed out of her sweater and jeans combo from earlier and into a Pop's diner T-shirt with her River Vixen uniform shorts. 

Jughead was sitting on the bartop counter watching her, also wearing a uniform that Betty made him wear. Though he still wore his beanie, it didn't seem to go with his button-up white shirt and red bowtie that he wore underneath of a white waiter's apron. Rosemary knew he hated the getup but Betty was making all of the guys wear it so he didn't complain too much. Rosemary told him that he looked cute with the bowtie, though she was answered with a sarcastic eye roll from the gloomy teenage.

Betty was pacing nervously in front of Jughead, which caught Rosemary's attention and she was quick to skate over and take her spot leaning against the counter next to Jughead. He smiled down at the blonde girl, who seemed the happiest she had been in a while after the trial. Earlier she had called her aunt to give her the good news and was even able to talk on the phone for a bit with Lizzy about her finally coming home.

"No one's here," Betty whispered to her two friends as she took a seat at the bar next to Jughead. "No one's coming."

"It's still early, okay?" Jughead comforting Betty as he wrapped his arm around Rosemary's waist.

"Yeah, there's still time, Bets," Rosemary nodded, leaning against Jughead as she sent her blonde counterpart a comforting smile from Jughead's side.

The bell at the door of the diner rung loudly in everyone's ears, catching their attention. Everyone's head turned to see Alice cooper walk in, a sickly sweet smile on her face as she made her way towards Betty. At the sight of the woman, Rosemary's smile fell since she knew her intentions were anything but good.

"Mom," Betty sighed, getting up and making her way over to her mom. "What, did you come to gloat?"

"Oh, don't be so cynical, Elizabeth," Alice spoke to her daughter in her passive aggressive tone. "I came to write my next story over one last root beer float. I'm calling it Requiem for Pop's. Can I get a quote, dear?"

"I'm not waiting her," Rosemary whispered to Jughead, who quietly chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"You're a fiend, mother," Betty sighed as she made her way over to Alice, who took a seat at a booth that just so happened to be in the section of the diner Rosemary was assigned. She let out a groan, rolling her eyes as she pushed herself off of the counter. As Rosemary tied her apron around her waist she make a fake gagging motion towards Jughead, who laughed and mimicked her actions. "But this is one obituary that you're not gonna write."