━ viii.

FORGIVENESS
chapter eight

FORGIVENESSchapter eight

তততততততততততত

Later the next day was FP Jones and Amelia Holland's trial and Rosemary didn't know how to feel. As she was getting dressed, her heart raced in her chest the entire morning. She dressed herself simply, deciding to wear a navy blue sweater with black jeans and black boots. Her long blonde hair was tied back in its signature ponytail and the night prior she had trimmed her bangs so they no longer hung in her eyes.

Of course, she only realized after getting ready that her bike was still at Archie's, which was really inconvenient since she was already running a little late, and it probably wasn't a good idea to be late to your mother's trial for covering up a murder. With a sigh, she pulled out her phone and opened the first contact she thought to text. She froze as the contact picture for Jughead's contact appeared on her phone's screen, which was a photo of her and Jughead.

The picture wasn't anything special. It was a quick photo she took at lunch of her wearing Jughead's hat with the two of them smiling into the camera. Though the picture didn't look like anything special, it was probably her favorite out of all of the ones she had with him. Jughead had never been big on pictures, but the ones she did get with him held a special place in her heart. With a sigh, she typed out a text asking him to come get her and almost immediately got a reply that he was on his way. 

She felt bad. Rosemary had ignored Jughead in school that day, still mad he went behind her back to talk to Penny Peabody. She knew the consequences of making a deal with the blonde snake woman. Hell, she had been sucked into Penny's twisted cycle of "favors" a few times and only got out of it with the help of her mom. But, after seeing Jughead's gloomy atmosphere he held in school when she walked through the doors of Riverdale High with Reggie Mantle, she had begun to feel bad.

Rosemary was stripped away from her thoughts when the roar of a motorcycle echoed outside. She let out a sigh before making her way out of the house and towards Jughead. He was wearing the same outfit he had worn to school that day. His usual beanie with a long-sleeve 'S' shirt and dark jeans with a flannel tied around his waist. In Jughead's hands was his helmet, which she assumed he was holding so she could wear it on their ride to the court house.

"Hey," Jughead greeted her, his voice laced with nervousness.

"Hi," Rosemary awkwardly nodded as she came to a stop in front of him, her arms crossing around her as a cold winter breeze wrapped around her. She had thought to grab her Serpent jacket on her way out, but had gone against it since she knew any Serpent logos may leave the courtroom feeling uneasy and may sway the jury against her mom and FP.