18

LUCY POV

    We arrived at the site and saw many wounded wizards sprawled around the floor. The burns on their bodies was clear evidence that a dragon was here.
    "Run, it's to strong. You need to get to safety." One of the wizards told us. She had the sabertooth guild emblem on her shoulder, desperately she crawled against the ground with her half paralyzed body to us.
    "You guys have to leave. This is no place for civilians such as yourselves," she insisted on us leaving.
    "You dont have to worry to much miss. I came just to kill the damn dragon," I told her.
    "Fairytail, the dragon was heading to fairytail. If your the one to kill it, please destroy that dragon before anyone else gets hurt..." she asked of us before passing out.
    "Finally we can kill acnologia," I stated as we ran towards the guild.
    "You have to be careful lucy, acnologia isnt like the other dragons. Hes not as weak either. For years I have tried to kill him but the most I have ever done was put him under a long slavery spell," zeref told me. Closer... closer... I felt the large rush of energy get closer and closer. The loud roars and the people screaming seemed so close now. So did the the putrid stench of blood and burnt bodies. Finally I saw the large black back of the dragon as it was flying towards the guild.
    "Acnologia!" I yelled, the dragon glanced towards me and then turned its head. How dare he just ignore me like this.
    "Acnologia! I am Queen Luciana Dragonia, the ruler of the realm of dragons. Clearly you fit under the dragon description, I order for you to turn back and face me!" Once again it seems like the dragon ignored me, I had enough of this, growing my wings I dashed towards the dragon. Landing on its back I finally got a sense of how large this being is. Transporting my sword I skewered the top of its head, releasing my control magic into like an injection. I forced my magic through his neurological system and slowly started to take control of his body. I've never had to overpower a being of this size, using the sword I was able to multiple my power and even then it was difficult to fully grasp the dragons body. The dragon pranced around and tried to knock me off, clearly it could tell that it was being overpowered. Suddenly a large blinding ray charged towards me. Knocking me off the dragon.
    "Agh!" I yelled as I slowly managed to gain my balance midfall. I managed to catch a glimpse of the being that charged towards me. A large being with horns and a white robe rode on the dragon as it continued its path towards fairytail.
    "Your highness!" Yelled one of my knights, the bright green hair gave it away.
    "Fredrick! What are you doing her what happened with protecting the border?!" I asked him.
     "Your highness, I felt your immense aura from all the way from the border. Everyone could tell you were engaging in a fight with the dragon. But all of a sudden your power varnished. We couldn't feel it anymore so many of us rushed towards your direction," fredrick answered. How wierd now that he mentions it I feel slightly weak. Like the power was sucked out of me.
     "Fredrick I need you to tell everyone to meet me back at fairytail, guarding the border won't do much against acnologia..." I ordered, with a quick bow, Fredrick ran towards the border. Now it was clear my strength was truly dispearing slowly. The wings on my back slowly started to shrink, I didnt have enough power to sustain them anymore.
    "What's going on... *pant* it feels like my powers are slipping away..." I made me wings disappear and decided to run towards the fairytail guild.
     "I have no choice but to run there."

Fredricks POV

    I left her highness behind, I shouldve taken her with me. She seemed so out of it, I've never seen her that tired before. I hope she's alright. Once I finally made it to the border I noticed the other knights grouped up together.
    "Guys! Her highness said to head to the guild, she's gonna need everyone's help!" I yelled, I noted Ace in particular get worried about something, soon we were all rubbing towards the guild.
    "Fredrick did something happen to her highness?" Bastian asked, the other knights looked this way to here the answer to the question.
    "She seemed tired, I don't know happened between her and acnologia but we got to get there to help soon," I assured them on her highness' safety and prayed for this battle to be a success.

ZEREF POV

    I know it was a bad idea to leave her alone, but I had to get to the guild first while Lucy followed the dragon. I saw the gold barrier go up around the guild as I approached it. Levy on the inside mustve just finished the magic. Closer... I got closer to the barrier and tried to break through,the barrier wasn't as strong as I hoped.
    "Levy!" I yelled hopefully she heard me, soon the little blue haired girl came out alongside the Iron dragon slayer.
    "Zeref what are you doing here?" She asked me.
    "Levy this barrier isn't strong enough, it will fall with a small attack from acnologia. You need something stronger." I told her, levy seemed to be in deep thought.
    "I have one idea but..." levy whispered.
    "We don't have time for uncertainties levy, what do you think will protect you all from acnologia!" I yelled, I was getting impatient. Lucy is doing everything she can to help these cowards and they won't even risk everything to guarantee safety.
    "There is the absolute defense of our guild, fairy sphere. But it converts the members' bonds and faith into power. And lately our bonds and faith havent been so great..." she mumbled the last words. I can tell how this wasn't a surefire barrier to cast. Afterall after what happened it makes sense that the guilds' bonds have been slightly broken.
     "And well after you cast it everything inside it gets stuck in time, the barrier bends time itself and we don't know when it's going to go back down, so its not the best option..." levy continued.
    "I see, then this will just be our last option ok? For now work on strengthening the barrier with more scripts and more magic," I told her.
    "OK I-c before she finished her sentence a loud roar was heard. Acnologia was only a couple of miles away from the guild. And will surely be here in less than a few minutes.
    "Get everyone ready for battle, the barrier won't hold forever!"

LEVY POV

    "Get everyone ready for battle the barrier won't hold forever!" Zeref yelled before running off to the direction of the roar!
    "Got it!"I yelled back. I ran back into the guild with gajeel and started to tell everyone what happened.
    "Guys! Acnologia is here!"
    "What! This fast?!" One of the members shouted.
    "Acnologias steadily approaching we have to get ready. And guys!" I yelled.
    "Yes levy?"
     "Worst case scenario we might have to preform fairy sphere. I know about what gas happened with our guild, I know we lost many members. I know that our bonds aren't as close as before... but we can't lose this guild!" I started crying, I dont know why, I feel like we wont make it, our guild has never been this far apart, everyone seems so distant.
     "Levy, dont worry, we got this!" Yelled Mira from across the room.
    "Yeah levy! Everyone is here, we have gramps, the thunder legion! We even have the most dragon slayers out of the entire country!" Hollered another member.
    "Guys please, we have to win..." my tears are still trickling down my face. Footsteps approached me and I felt a hand on my head.
    "Hey shrimp!" I know that voice, "we will win! So don't worry." The hand trailed off my head and as I turned my head around I saw the back of the iron dragonslayer, gajeel.

MAKORAV POV

   "We will win..." those brats... not a care in the world. Ever since lucy left the guild was never the same. It seemed the lisanna tried to fill in the hole that was left by lucy but nobody ever truly felt the same as we did back then. If we preform fairy sphere there's not a doubt that it won't work, even if it did, it won't hold. With cana we could perform fairy glitter and I could probably do fairy law. But will any of these truly work against acnologia?
    "Master?"
    "Ah yes come in"
    "Master, are you alright?" Erza asked me, she seemed to gave noticed my dark mood.
    "Yes, yes... I might be old but I know that we wont lose this battle!" I stated with a smile on my face.
    "Yes Ofcourse we won't... but master please be honest with me, will fairy sphere work? If we use it that is." Erza asked me, she seemed to have the same thoughts as me, ever since a few days ago she seemed to have truly been reflecting on the incident.
    "Erza, if I'm being honest I dont know... but don't lose hope, remember we are Fairytail"