𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Melanie sat eating her ice cream straight out the carton and crying. Makiya came out of her room at the wrong time, seeing the girl with tears flowing from her eyes.

"Mel? What's wrong friend?" Makiya sat next to the emotional girl and scooped her up into a hug. "Talk to me girl."

"I... I just don't know how things went so wrong so quickly." Mel sniffled.

"What went wrong? What happened?" Makiya grew more concerned. Melanie just gestured to the TV in front of where she was sitting. "What, what about the TV?"

"I just watched the ending to On My Block season three." Melanie said with a sniffle.

"Girl bye!" Makiya pushed her best friend off of her. "I thought I was gone have to fuck up a nigga for you."

"You do!" Melanie said like it was obvious, "you gotta fuck up them niggas at Netflix cuz this ending won't it."

"Bruh chill I ain't watched it yet." Makiya laughed and slumped back into the couch next to Mel. "You need to be careful Mel, Zion almost had a bounty on his head. If he do anything to hurt you, you know it's on sight with the touch of a button." Makiya said.

"Yes yes, I'm well aware your cousins are in a gang. They've brought it up enough times when they tried to hit on me back in the day." Melanie chuckled.

"I'm serious though. If he ever hurts you... in anyway, let me know. You're my best friend, I'd do anything for you."

"Even go to jail?"

"...no. But that's not a problem because Jayshon and Vontae don't snitch. It'd never be traced back to me. Which means I can spend more time with you givin out ass kickings to any nigga or bitch that try to mess with you."

"Thank you Kiya." Mel laughed. "Even though, I can fight my own battles."

"I know, but you always gonna need your support. So if Zion fuck up lemme know."

"I don't think he will." Mel hugged her knees to her chest thinking longingly about her... significant other. Melanie was starting to feel even more strongly about Zion than before. She finds herself thinking about him all the time. When she's in class, or watching a movie, or doing the dishes. For some reason Zion is always on her mind. She didn't really understand why since they weren't even (officially) boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Yeah well I hope he doesn't. For his sake." Makiya absent-mindedly cracked her knuckles.

"And for mine." Melanie gasped.

"Don't worry Mel, you can get a new boyfriend. But I don't think he can get a new di-"

"Okay Kiya. I get it, but let's hope it doesn't come to that. I actually like this one... and his dick."

Makiya gagged and got up to go to the kitchen. "Oh that reminds me. Edwin and I are taking a trip."

"A trip?" Melanie cocked an eyebrow and turned over the back of the couch to see her friend shoving a handful of Cinnamon Toast Crunch into her mouth.

"Yeah. One of his boys got tickets to this music festival-party thingy mad last minute so he invited Edwin, therefore me, to come along since his other friends were busy." Makiya explained.