𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

Mel scrambled frantically around her apartment vacuuming, scrubbing, and straightening anything that wasn't positively perfect. Makiya watched the madness from the couch and only stopped her when she started vacuuming the walls.

"Mel. Baby. You gotta stop." Makiya grasped the girl's shoulders.

"Stop Makiya she'll be here soon. I need to finish cleaning." Melanie shrugged the girl off, turning the vacuum back on.

Makiya walked over and unplugged the vacuum cord from the outlet. "Melanie! Who the hell cleans the walls?"

"My mother. And if she comes here and sees dirty walls she'll flip her shit."

"Ah yes. I forgot Vivian is crazy. But listen, you gotta stop freaking out about your mom. She loves you, no matter how insane she is."

"I know, that's the problem. She loves me so much that she'll find a problem with anything to try to convince me to move back." Mel was panicked, she felt her heart racing, which was silly because Makiya was right, it was just her mother.

"No she won't. You just need to calm down." Makiya face-palmed. Just then a knock came from the front door sending a spine-tingling surge through her entire body.

"Oh no. She's here!" Melanie cried. She found the closest thing to her and dusted it off and straightened it out. Makiya strolled over to the door and opened it revealing Zion.

"False alarm Mel, it's just your bighead ass boyfriend." Makiya rolled her eyes and rested her hands on her hips.

"Nice to see you too Makiya." Zion wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulder loosely.

"Eugh. Get off me Nigga. You smell like must." Makiya gagged. She pushed her arm off of him and walked into the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Hey Mamas, wassup?" Zion wrapped his arms around her waist, planting a sweet kiss on her neck. Mel pushed Zion off of her and shook her head.

"Zion, I love you, but not now. My mom is coming to town today and you cannot be here when she arrives." Melanie started pushing him out back towards the front door.

"Oh that's today?" Zion chuckled. "I don't know why you won't just tell her about me. Are you embarrassed?" He teased.

"N-no, it's just because... she has never liked any guy I've even been friends with let alone dated. She'd probably burst into flames if she knew I had a boyfriend."

"But she'll love me. Everybody loves me." Zion grinned.

"Can I object?" Makiya asks through a mouthful of ice cream.

"Hell no. You date Edwin, you obviously have something wrong with your brain."

"Melanie, tell your nigga to leave me alone before I go get my glock." Makiya shot him a nasty glare.

Melanie plopped down on the couch and let out a loud groan. "You're both stressing me out even more! Makiya you should stop being mean to him." Melanie scolded, showing her maternal nature.

"Why are you defending him? Didn't he call you fat?"

"That's not what I said!" Zion defended. "I said-"