Inhale Exhale

Tori's POV

I've spent the last week going in and out of arguments with Ben. Somedays we were fine again, others he was convinced I would rather be with her.

I was headed off campus today, once a month me, cat and Beck would usually meet up and hangout. Today cat had decided to drag us along to the fair.

"ISNT THIS FUN!" Cat shouted as she ran around us in circles giggling as she ate cotton candy.

"CAT THATS THE THIRD ONE YOU'VE HAD GIMME THAT!" I lecture her and take the candy away from her. The last thing we need is a sugar crazed cat running around wreaking havoc.

"Boo," she pouts as she slows to a regular walking pace beside us.

"So Jade's back in town huh," Beck brings up the topic almost casually.

"Yep," I say awkwardly.

"And how did that go?" He asks as we pass by a couple of booths.

"Wanna guess?"

"That bad huh."

"Yep," I answer with an extra pop in the p.

"I thought we liked jade," cat chimes in confused.

"No we do not," I answer.

"Then who invited her today?" She asks as she points to back of a certain goths head.

"CRAP," I yell then run off in the opposite direction, Beck trailing not too far behind. "WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE," I panic yell to him as we hide in one of the booths.

"I don't know it is the fair," He responds.

"Beck," I say with a different kind of panic in my voice now.

"What?" He answers a bit confused by the look in my eye.

"Where's cat?" I see his eyes now go wide with panic as well. We peer our heads out from the booth wall and scan the area we ran from and see the redhead enthusiastically jumping around the moody goth now.

"CRAP CRAP CRAP," I panic even more now and run my hands through my hair frantically.

"Okay calm down! We need a plan. Okay uh I'll go and extract Cat, you get to the exit," he says giving me a push in the right direction while he ducks around the corner.

I start pushing my way past all the different groups of strangers trying to remember the rest of the way to the exit. I get turned around a lot and decide to pull out my phone to text Beck but as soon as pull it out, I walk into some guy who spills his drink all over my phone.

"Oh CMON!" I cry out frustrated and desperately tapping at the now fritzed out screen.

"What the fuck is your problem!" I hear an angry voice from the guy now and look up to see a very angry looking man who had to be maybe 27.

"Look I'm sorry but I'm having a really bad night and-"

"I don't give a fuck, you just made me waste a full cup of beer you bitch, I paid $12 for this shit!" The hairs on the back of my neck start to tingle as I realize where this situation is progressing towards.

"Look I'm so sorry I can pay for another one or-"

"I don't need your fucking charity do I look like a fucking street rat to you?!" He starts to step closer towards me so I start to step away. Everyone else around seems too absorbed in what they're doing to pay attention to the situation.

"Okay sir I really don't like the direction this seems to be going in so I'm gonna have to ask you to take a step back," that was NOT the right thing to tell him.