Chapter 2: The aftermath

*Harrys POV*

My dad always told me to 'love thy neighbour as you love yourself.' I'm sure he read that somewhere and thought it would be a cool saying to embed in his only son's head. I found it hard though when I was on my last delivery of my shift. These people had ordered so much food, they must of had friends round or something. I reached the steps of the apartment complex and hauled the food into the elevator.

I heard a commotion when the doors opened. The screaming of someone and then another yelling harsh words calling them a 'whore' and a 'bitch' shocked me at first, and I froze for a second. I looked down at the pizza box to find the door number, 28, great, I had to head towards the shouting. It was only when I walked up to the already wide-open door of flat 28 did I see what was going down. A small, petite man on the floor, blood covering his face and he was shaking with fear. Another man, much larger than him with jet back hair towering over him, beating the poor boy. My heart broke for the boy. Before I could stop myself I had dropped the food and was running to help him.

'HEY!' I screamed as I ripped the black-haired man's arm away and punched him square in the face which caused a loud crack meaning I had probably broken his nose; he fell to the floor unconscious. I ran to the boy who was crying and shaking violently. Pulling him into my arms for comfort. He'd passed out in my arms before I could get a response out of him.

I had a chance to consider what had just happened. There was a passed out broken boy in my arms. A passed-out dickhead who I had punched in the face crippled in the corner and there was a passed out blond man by the coffee table. What the actual fuck has gone on here.

My first priority was the motionless boy in my arms. I picked him up bridle-style an carried him to where the couch was setting him down. I took the blanket that was on the floor and covered the boy. Next I moved to the lad that was face down on the floor. I nudged his leg and he didn't move so I thought of an idea that made me smile. I went into the kitchen that was across the landing closing the front door as I made my way. I searched through the cupboards for a cup or a jug. Finding a mug, I filled it with cold water from the tap and headed back over to the blond boy. Stopping when I was above his head, I tipped the water over his face making him jolt up in surprise.

'What the fuck... Who are you?' he asked when he rubbed his eyes. 'Why are you in here? What happened? Oh my god LOUIS!' he kept rambling as he took in the sight. I explained to him what had happened, and he just sat there staring at the boy, who I now know to be called Louis. I told him my name and he told me his. Niall and I had to figure out what to do with the prick in the corner still knocked out.

'His name is Riley and he's Louis' ex.' Niall spoke with a harshness that proved he didn't like the man. I had already mustered up so much hate for this 'Riley' and when he woke up, I'm sure my hate would grow even more. We both looked at each other and then proceeded to try and come up with a plan.

We came to the decision that we were just going to drag Riley outside the flat and leave him there. Niall was on one side and I on the other as we pulled him towards the door. Niall opened it and then looked at me with a smile.

'Is, is that our pizza?' he asked like a child.

'Oh yea, I dropped it when I saw Riley hitting Louis and ran to him.' I told him with a shrug. Niall drooped his half of Riley and ran to the bag that had their food in.

'Thanks for dropping all this dumbasses weight on me.' I remarked sarcastically as Niall walked back into the flat with the pile of food. He gave me an innocent smile and then turned his full attention to the food once again. I finished dragging Riley outside and let him fall on his face, knowing that when he come to, he would feel it. I practically slammed the door to let out some of my rage. I still couldn't believe what I had seen and now I had a moment to processes it. Riley was beating Louis; I don't know why but I couldn't help but feel protective over him.