Waves

(quick note before this starts : i've only ever surfed once and honestly i don't remember a lot as it was on a paddle board and i couldn't even stand up. This is just what I imagine surfing is like, i'm sorry if anyone is a pro!! x)

You paddled against the bruising tide. One last ride.

There was nobody else at the beach but you, a lifeguard, and a group of boys who looked in their early 20s maybe, but one had a baby face. You blurred their chants out with the concentration of the waves rushing your heart rate.

You had surfed all your life, and it was probably your favourite thing to do as well. You grew up with the beach, it was a part of you. But your connection didn't mean you were a VSCO girl.

You were about to stand on your board when you heard splashes nearing, you turned your head and smiled at the baby face boy from the group of lads.

"Are you okay? Your technique is awful, oh my" you offered him your hand and pulled him onto your board, most would say it's unladylike, but who cares. The poor boy would be taken by a wave in seconds.

"Oh um hi, i'm Bradley but please call me brad love." He smiles shyly, taking your hand as blood ran to his cheeks. You personally found that adorable but kept your thought to yourself.

"I'm Y/n and I'm also guessing you've never surfed before." You smiled back to be polite, but he was gorgeous so it wasn't hard.

"I haven't but my mates dared me because i've been staring at you because you're so gorgeous... and if you don't mind or find this creepy, I would like to ask for your number." His confidence grew, as well with his posture making you smile.

"Of course, brad."

You exchanged your number to him as he brought his phone with him, which you found stupid, but judging by his Calvin Klein swimwear, he could afford another if he messed up.

You also assisted him back to shore and gave him a hug before leaving.

Little did you know, your daily surfing would lead to a beautiful summer romance with a curly locked boy.