08💖

Charlie couldn't believe that Max was coveting for her. Especially her affair with Tom. She didn't know why he was covering for her. Especially when she had broken Tom's window. She was grateful.

When she woke that morning, she saw a text from Bolton Smilie:

Fancy doing something tonight? - Bolton x

Charlie didn't know what to think. She and Bolton had been friends for a while but she didn't think that anything would happen between them.

***

Grace looked up as Rachel walked in. Grace sighed. "You're not supposed to be here. Charlie is here."

"It's Charlie I want to see. Please."

"No. The social services have advised that you don't see her until they've conducted their investigation. I'm not risking them taking her into care," Grace said.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "I'm her mother. They can't stop me seeing her."

Grace stood up and looked at her. "Just get out. This isn't up for discussion. Charlie doesn't even want to come back and live with you."

***

Charlie came in when Rachel had gone. She sighed. "I'm not going back to live with her. She hit me and I'm not going back there."

"You don't have to. I'm not going to let it happen."

Charlie nodded and sighed. She sat down and took a seat on the sofa. "Does Mr Tyler know you're pregnant? I can't wait to meet your baby."

Grace smiled slightly. "Not yet babes. I want to sort all of this out."

***

Charlie went into school with Grace. She was anxious about seeing Tom after everything that had happened. She didn't know how to react. It was all a mess. She saw him standing by his car with Josh.

Charlie went to walk off. Grace grabbed her. "Max took you out of his classes. You're with Mr Budgen for English and me for registration."

"PE?"

Grace sighed. "Max is announcing that the boys and girls are being split up. I'm taking the girls. Tom is taking the boys."

Charlie nodded. She knew that deep down she still loved Tom. But after how he had broken her heart, she couldn't forgive him. She smiled. "Thanks. I guess."

***

Charlie smiled and walked over to Bolton. She smiled. "I got your text. What did you have in mind?" She asked.

"Burger King and some vodka in the park. Maybe a little extra."

Charlie smiled and nodded. She sat down next to him and sighed. She knew that things could get complicated with Bolton and she didn't know how to she felt about it.

***

Grace and Max were sitting in the office when Tom walked in. He looked at them. "You taking Charlie out my classes makes it look like I'm some creep who preys on vulnerable kids."

Grace scoffed. "You slept with her. She's underage. She's vulnerable."

"She knew what she was doing."

***

Charlie was sitting outside under the tree. She saw Tom with Rose. She didn't know how she was feeling about it. She felt like she couldn't get over him. But how could she move on?