1 💤

mariah (ma-rye-uh) 

Alise (uh-lease)

Mariah's pov

      I was new to this place... plantation, Florida.

    I moved here with my parents and my best friend Alise, my parents adopted her a few years back because of her abusive parents...but my parents didn't give her better...we've always had a shitty life. We lived in New York and we had to leave because of my ex boyfriend... psycho nigga.. and also cause I was always a bad ass, didn't hold my mouth to anyone which got me in trouble, a lotta trouble. My parents aren't really my favorite either, we don't get along almost every day. We just won't talk about it.

    I walk into the huge house in front of us. "Which room is mine?" I ask my mother as she set bags down by the door.

"Just go upstairs and you'll see." She said as my dad walked to the kitchen. I walk upstairs with Alise and Alise also found her room. I sit on the bed that was already shipped and placed in there and text my brother who was still in New York. He's older and living his own life, but I miss him a lot.

      I start to unpack and put stuff away. This place didn't seem quite bad. Alise came in my room excited. "Bitch, we should walk around, see how it looks." She said and I nod. I didn't wanna unpack all this shit anyways. Too much work and I'm lazy as fuck.

      I grab my phone and we walk downstairs. We see my parents on the couch. "Where are yah going?" My dad asks. I was already annoyed by their presence. "To walk." I say nonchalantly without making eye contact with them. "Be careful." My mom says and I just hum a response back and open the door. The warm breeze hit me and Alise and I already felt better, away from my parents and in this place, good enough for me.

      We start walking and Alise starts talking about what boys we might find in school and outside. "I hope they're hot out here." She says and I chuckle. "Let's hope so." I say and we continue walking.

I still felt.. shitty. I've always been like this... by this.. I mean numb. Depressed. I didn't give a fuck about life, I'm one damaged bitch but... I could care less. No one cares.

     We continue walking and we walk past a park full of people playing basketball and kids running so we decided to sit down on a bench. Alise was on her phone and I was on mine.

    "Did mom say when we start school?" Alise asks and I shrug. "Fuck school I hope we don't even get enrolled in that shit.", Alise chuckles, "You right."

   We stay there for a while until these group of guys come up to us. One had no shirt and was still bouncing the basketball and the others were just doing their own thing, on their phones and whatever.

The one bouncing the basketball clears his throat. "Yah new around here?" He asks and I look up at them and sigh. "Yeah." I say plainly. "Oh. That's cool, well my name is devon and these are my niggas." He says and I just nod still with a straight face. I wasn't amused. He waits for me to say something but what the fuck does he want me to say.

I look at him like he was stupid. "Is that it?" I say. "Uhm, where yah from?" He says and I sigh just wanting him to go away. "Well, I'm from my mom's pussy and uh my best friend is from her mother's pussy as well." I say and he chuckles. "I know that but where did you come from? Like out of state? Or li-" "look, I don't really wanna talk right now.. okay?" I say annoyed already.

He puts his hands up and his friends laugh at him. "Ight you got it." He says and walks off with his friends. Alise laughs and I just scoff and laugh. "Wanna go home?" She says and I just nod and we get up and start walking back.

    I continue walking when a car passes by blasting music. I look and see a few guys. One of them had half black and half blonde dreads. He looked at me- more like stared at me as they continued driving. Not gonna lie he looked hella attractive already. 

Shut the fuck up mariah what are you talking about.

We continued walking and talking until we got to the house. We walk in and already hear my parents arguing. I huff and just roll my eyes closing the door behind Alise as she walked in.

"What a fucking surprise." She says sarcastically and I chuckle knowing she's right.  We walk upstairs and Alise comes with me to my room to help set it up and I was gonna set hers up with her later.

      My mom barges in angrily. "By the way, yah start school tomorrow."  "Tomorrow?! We just fucking got here!" I say. "Watch your mouth, and I don't care yah are going tomorrow and that's it." She says and slams the door. 

What the fuck ever bitch..

     I continue working on my room with Alise's help and after a few hours we decided to just chill and relax until we started on Alise's room. After a few hours we started on Alise's room. That bitch has wayyy too much shit.

    It took us like 6 hours with both of our rooms but after we were done it was more comfortable. I laid in my bed until I heard my mom call mine and Theresa's name and we both went downstairs.

    We walk downstairs and my mom was putting plates of food down. I stood on my phone not making eye contact like always. "Come eat." She says still with an annoyed tone. Probably still arguing with my dad.

We all sit down and I look up and realize my dad wasn't here. "Where's dad at?." I said. "He left." My mom said picking up her fork to eat. He always does this.. they argue then he leaves and doesn't come back til later in the early morning or something. I go back on my phone and Alise just eats.

"Mariah you know I don't like when you stay on your phone at dinner." She says looking across the table at me. "Well.." I say scrolling through Instagram. "Put the phone down." She says. I sigh and put it face down next to me and I start eating. We all eat in silence and I hated it. After I finished eating I put my plate in the sink and go straight upstairs.

    "Why are you in such a rush to go upstairs?" I hear my mom say. "Because I'm tired." I blankly say and she huffs. I go in my room and slam my door and lock it.

   I get undressed and into a pair of silk shorts and a crop top and lay on my bed, turning my t.v. on. I lay down dozing off until I drifted into a deep sleep.

riah...

So I'm changing the best friend's name and revising this book before I start to continue writing after so long but i had a baby and been working etc. but this has been my therapy and escape so i will continue this book and still have unpublished chapters that need to be published