Part 3: Kissing is... Neat

Wow look at us feelin' creative and productive 

-----

Third Person POV

Deku woke up the next morning with a purpose.

He had to win Uraraka back.

It was simple: Deku was not gay. He thought it over and the tingly feelings he felt for Todoroki were purely circumstantial. Him and Uraraka had a good thing going. They worked well together; they were a good team. 

Deku took an extra long time getting ready that morning. It was a crisp day in February and to top it all off it was a Saturday. It was going to be a good day, he just knew it. 

Deku bounded down the stairs, too excited to use the elevator. He had his whole speech planned out was running it over in his head: 'Uraraka, I've taken everything you said last night into consideration but I think that-'

"Good morning, Midoriya." Alright, just a little hiccup in his plan. Todoroki was standing in front of him with two cups of steaming green tea. "Tea?"

"Sure," Deku replied. He glanced over Todoroki's shoulder in search of Uraraka. It looked like she wasn't downstairs yet. 

"Looking for someone?" The taller boy asked as he furrowed his brows. Deku quickly replied 'no' as not to seem rude and they sat down at the kitchen table. 

The green haired boy sipped his tea and tapped his fingers on his leg. He needed to find Uraraka as soon as he could before word got out of their "break-up". It was hard to keep secrets when everyone is packed into one building. Especially since most people here are shit at keeping their mouths shut.

"So," Todoroki started. "I was thinking that we could get a head start on the project today. I believe it's supposed to rain the next few days so it would be best that we get the pictures done before then."

Deku nodded in agreement. Still no sign of his girlfriend. Or... ex-girlfriend? It was complicated at the moment.

"Excuse me for a second, would you? I'll be right back," Deku said while loudly pushing his chair under the table. Todoroki opened his mouth to speak but the boy was already gone. Dammit, why couldn't he have said something? Literally anything. Todoroki was many things but a skilled conversationalist was not one of them.

Deku repeatedly pushed the up button on the elevator, his patience escaping him like water slipping through fingers. When it arrived on his level he dashed inside and aggressively hit the button to the fourth floor. His foot tapped the ground to no particular rhythm. Ding. He ran his hand through his hair in a last-minute attempt to collect himself before arriving at Uraraka's door. Two knocks.

There was some shuffling heard from inside the room and then Uraraka opened the door. Her eyes were red and puffy and she looked like she hadn't gotten much sleep last night. She was also wearing the same yellow shirt and blue pants from the previous evening.

"Hey, can we talk?" Deku asked. He walked inside the small room and sat down at the rolling chair by the desk. Uraraka hadn't said a word yet as she sat down across from him on her bed. 

"Okay, I've taken everything you said last night into consideration," he said while sticking exactly to his prepared script, "but I think that you're wrong. I'm not gay."

"Oh, Deku..."

"Really," he insisted. "I've thought it over and why would I have started dating you if I liked guys? See? It doesn't make sense. And I do like you. I like you a lot."

"Alright," she sighed. "Then kiss me. Kiss me."

"Well... I'm not going to do it just to prove a point," he muttered. This wasn't going as he had hoped. She was supposed to take him back with open arms. Why was she being so difficult?