Part 4: A Place To Clear Your Head

Ahhhh it's like 12:30AM but here we are

-----

Third Person POV [will I ever write in a different perspective? Who knows]

As expected, sticking the contents of the fridge into a blender was a terrible, repulsive, and overall horrendous idea. The class of 1A probably should have assumed this long before Kirishima decided to attempt it but... well there really is no 'but', is there? In short: everything got everywhere. If you're seeking a long description then... well... everything got everywhere.

A stern talking to from Aizawa quickly put an end to their shenanigans. A select few stayed behind to clean up while the rest of the class went off on their own endeavors.

"Do you still want to work on the project?" Midoriya asked Todoroki. There was a newfound tension between the two of them now. Maybe it was their earlier conversation, maybe it was the specific knowledge that Deku was no longer with his girlfriend, and maybe it was both. Either way, Deku was nervously rubbing his hands together- an old habit that dies hard. He couldn't get what Uraraka said earlier out of his head: 'Just imagine that same kiss but with Todoroki'.

God, this boy was fucked. Yeah, Deku may not really like girls but did that automatically mean that he had a crush on one of his- in his opinion- very good friends? Hell no! It's not like he wanted to kiss Iida. He didn't want to go making out with Bakugou. The guy would probably kill him! And Deku was pretty sure him and Kirishima had something of sorts going on, anyway. And Todoroki... well... he'd have to come back to that one.

"Yeah. It shouldn't take too long I believe," Todoroki replied with a firm nod of his head. "Let me grab my phone from my room. You may accompany me if you'd like."

Todoroki invited him to his room, how could he refuse? Uraraka walked by as they made their way to the elevator and winked at Deku. Todoroki happened to see this out of the corner of his eye but decided not to question it. At least the two of them seemed to be on good terms still.

Deku and Todoroki made their way up to the latter's room. It was a fairly quiet trip as no one was sure what to say. That seemed to be a common theme in their friendship, no?

"I'll just be a second," Todoroki said while opening his door. He stumbled around his room in search of his phone while Deku peeked in and looked around. Being able to take in the whole aura of the space in quiet was a totally different experience than when he visited during the competition. He could feel the same energy from Todoroki's room that he felt from the boy himself. Calming, comforting, but there was something... off. It was too flawless, too clean. No person could truly be this technically perfect, could they?

"Found it," the taller boy said. "Under my bed. Figures."

Deku laughed lightly. Was Todoroki hiding something? Did he have something to hide?

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Umm..." Deku trailed off. Todo raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Let's- let's do something else. We have a whole week to finish this project."

"Alright... what were you thinking?" the boy asked. Why was Deku trying to avoid doing the project? Neither one of them really knew. It wasn't so much avoiding the project as it was electively deciding to do something else. Did the reason particularly matter? That's... up to interpretation.

"I don't know. I- I was just thinking.. we don't hang out that much. And we are friends after all," Deku said. Todoroki internally cringed at that word: friends. Well, what did he expect? For Midoriya to like him more than that? More than just friends? Ridiculous.