Part 6: You Like Him, Oh, Obviously

Not gonna lie,,,, I felt really proud of the name for this chapter. I love and stan Conan Gray, ok

-----

Third Person POV

Thinking back to it, maybe Midoriya and Todoroki- and everyone else for that matter- should have begun the math project yesterday. Rain was pouring and pounding on all of the windows. A loud boom of thunder startled the students who were down in the common area. Stepping outside would mean soaked underwear and dampened spirits. Not gonna happen. 

"Fellow classmates!" Iida said. "You should use this day to study and catch up on your work! With rain comes opportunity and-"

"Not gonna happen, glasses!" Bakugou interrupted. "Who has a better idea?"

The class was sprawled out on the couches and chairs, all with their heads tossed lazily back. There were a couple of despondent grunts but no one offering up any sort of solution to their spell of boredom. 

"We can play hide-and-seek again," Ashido drawled. The response was more dejected grunts and groans. "Hey, at least I'm suggesting something!" 

Crack!

The room lit up as lightning tore through the sky. Everyone jumped and a few of the girls screamed. 

"I hope we don't lose power," Midoriya said. 

"What? Are you scared of the dark, nerd?" Bakugou sneered. 

"That's not nice, Kacchan. I'm not-"

Boom!

Thunder shook the ground and the lights above their heads flickered. The clouds became darker outside as the rain picked up intensity. Leaves blew off the trees and stuck to the windows. 

"And to think that it was snowing only a week ago," Yaoyorozu commented with a small shake of her head. 

"Guys, I can't sit here and talk about the weather all day," Kirishima whined. 

"Well then what do you suggest, shitty hair?"

The sky flashed again and thunder followed mere seconds after it. This storm wouldn't be clearing up anytime soon and the students were getting antsier by the second. One would think that being with your friends in the midst of a thunderstorm may be fun, but the class of 1A had already grown tired of each other in the two measly days they'd been at the dorms. It was basically like having 19 roommates but with slightly more personal space. 

Rain continued to hurl itself at the building with the wind slowly picking up speed. Midoriya curled his legs up to his chest and rested his chin on his knees. Todoroki saw this and subconsciously mimicked the movement with only one leg. 

"Alright!" Uraraka clapped. "Someone's got to have some kind of board game or something. C'mon guys!"

"I have cards against humanity," Mineta piped up.

"That-" Kaminari went to protest. "That's... actually a good idea. I never thought I'd say that. Good idea, Mineta."

The short boy looked awfully proud of himself as he marched up to his room to retrieve the game.

"I don't think this is a good idea," Iida cautioned. 

"What's cards against humanity?" Midoriya asked. Gasps echoed around the room right as another burst of lighting and thunder hit. 

"You don't know what cards against humanity is?" Sero asked, incredulous.

"Dude, how?!" Kaminari cried. Midoriya shrugged. Damn, that boy is so pure.