1.) "I promise."

Manami, the girl of water, has been training for this very moment. She looks up at the large hero school in front of her, determined. She nods with a big smile on her face as she happily skips inside. She finds the seat she was assigned for taking the test and sits. There's 10 minutes left until it's time to start.

"Ah, Izumi, I guess I should of expected you to be here. You were the strongest in the school."

Manami looks to her seatmate beside her. "Ah, I recognize you! You went to Somei, right?"

"Indeed, I did. I'm Iida Tenya."

"Nice to meet you, Iida! Your brother is Ingenium, right? You following in your family's footsteps?"

"I am."

"That's so cool! I guess you could say I'm following in my brother's footsteps too!"

"Oh? Who's your brother?"

"Ah, he was Water Hose with his wife. They weren't very popular or strong heroes, but they got the job done."

"You talk of them in the past tense, are they no longer with us?"

"They were killed a few years ago by a villain known as Muscular."

"I'm sorry for your loss then."

"Thanks. It doesn't really bother me all that much though. I was never really close with my brother. He was always off heroing. His wife, I was closer with as she would take care of me and their son once he was born."

"And... your parents?"

"Killed in a villain attack when I was young. My brother took care of me ever since then. Now it's just me and Kota. He's my nephew, but he's more like a little brother!" She smiles then gasps. "Oh no! What if our family is cursed, and I'll be killed once I have children?! Oh god! I'll never have children!" She tears up. "Man, I really wanted to have a big family too... Ah! This is awful! I–"

"Calm down!" Iida cuts off her rambling with awkward arm chops. "I'm sure that's not going to happen! You're really strong. I don't think you'll ever be taken down."

She tears up more. "You really think so? Iidaaa! You're so nice! Thank you!"

He sweatdrops.

Present Mic enters and stands at the podium. Once time rolls around, he begins. "What's up UA candidates? Thanks for tuning into me, your school DJ! Come on and let me hear ya!"

"Yeaaaaaaaah!" Manami shouts happily.

The whole room seems to sweatdrop.

"Ah, yeaaaah! Someone's ready for a fun time! Alright, I'll skip to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna go down, okay? Are you ready?!"

"Yeaaah!"

Manami's the only one to respond again except... a green haired boy with freckles who's fanboying and mumbling all about Present Mic.

"Will you shut up," the blond beside him grumbles annoyed.

Mic begins to explain how everything will work after they take the written exam. Everyone will be separated into battle areas A through G to take the physical part.

Mana looks to her card to read battle area A. "Iida, I got A which one did you get?"

"I got B. I believe that they're splitting up schoolmates, so they can't work together," Iida mumbles.

Mic goes on to explain about the three robots you have to deal with and also that you can't harm other examinees.

Iida suddenly stands up. "Excuse me sir! I have a question!"