4

Clara Scott

I stopped in my track and saw a custodian moving stack up chairs and coming towards the direction I was walking in.It was Emmett who warned me. He was standing on the opposite side of my locker. His lip was still busted and red and I wondered if it still hurt. His green eyes looked at me for a moment and I was surprised by his sudden kind gesture.

"Thanks." I said to him. He didn't say anything and shut his locker, loudly making me jumped slightly by the loud noise. He walked away just like that and pretended he didn't say anything or do anything.

During lunch, Braydon and Jay was talking about some games that they were excited to go to. Evelyn was working on something in her laptop. I was just busy eating my lunch while Laurie and Bailey was busy reading some books.

The buzzing cafeteria was interrupted when a jock dumped water on another guy and the whole cafeteria turned quiet followed by cheers from his table. The guy who got dumped didn't belong to the social clique. He stood up and walked out in humiliation. This is bullying and it's not okay.

"No one is going to say anything about this?" I asked horrified. That guy just openly humiliated another person.

"If you say something, you will be next." Braydon whispered.

No one from the table he was sitting on stood up to check on him. I shake my head and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Evelyn asked.

"I'm going to check on that guy." I said.

"Don't." Jay warned.

"If something like that happened to me, I would want someone to be there for me." I packed my stuffs and walked out of the cafeteria to look for the guy. He was near his locker, crying as he searched for something.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I stood in front of him. He was startled at first by my sudden appearance, but nodded his head. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here." I said.

"Do I know you?" He wiped his tears.

"I'm new here, I'm Clara." I said.

"You shouldn't be here." He shake his head. "If they find out you are here for me, they will humiliate you in front of the entire school."

"I'm here because if something like this happen to me. I want someone to stand beside me and be with me." I said.

"It's foolishness." He said.

"I can handle some foolishness if that's what you called." I said and he couldn't help but crack a smile.

"I have to go and change." He said.

"I'll wait for you here." I said and he nodded his head and left with some clothings in his hand.

"Why are you helping him?" I see Emmett leaning on one of the locker giving me a confused look, the look is so different from the glare. It made him look more surreal and beautiful. I didn't even notice his arrival.

He was there when this happened, he was sitting with them and he didn't do anything to stop them. He is just like one of them. A sudden anger burst through me and I glared at him. His confused face turned into amusement.What happened to my keeping it low in school, thing? I think it flew out of the damn window. My subconscious muttered.

I ignored him and pulled out my phone to wait for the guy.

He sighed, "Are you ignoring me, now?" He asked.

I didn't say anything. "Fine. Suit yourself." He muttered and turned to walk away and that's when my group of friends burst and walk out of the cafeteria.

He walked back to the cafeteria. "Are you okay?" Bailey asked. "We saw Emmett walking out of the cafeteria when you left."

"I'm fine." I said.

"Did he say anything to you?" Evelyn asked.

"No." I said and they sighed in relief. The guy, who didn't introduce himself walked back and was surprise to see a huge group of people waiting for him.

"That definitely sucks." Jay winced when Alex shares with us that he liked that jock and confessed to him, yesterday. That's so awful, it takes a lot of courage to share your feelings to someone and having it toss and getting humiliated must be painful. Alex shrugged.

"We're here for you." Evelyn said.

"Are you going to post it on your blog, now?" Alex asked.

"What? No." She said horrified and Alex sighed in relief.

"But we can talk about bullying, not about this situation. In general, different types of bullying and signs and how to cope with it?" I suggested. "A reminder to students to be kind."

"That would be perfect." Evelyn said.

"Will that be okay?" I asked Alex.

"Yes." He said. "We need to clap back at times."

"I feel like we are inviting troubles, but we need to do it." Jay said excitedly.

After the school ended, we all gathered around to do research in the library and Evelyn was preparing for the blog that she is suppose to upload on Monday morning. We still have time.

We all exited the school building and to the parking lot. There were still many cars in the parking lot. I see his car and I shake my head ignoring the idea that he will come after me for ignoring your highness.

"See you all tomorrow." Evelyn called out and waved at everyone, goodbye.

"Yang." someone called out Evelyn and it was the guy who threatened us this morning.

"Should I wait inside the car?" I don't know what else to do. I feel like I will be eavesdropping or something.

"Sure." She said. I sat on the car as they talked about something. She seemed mad because I can hear her from inside the car. She opened the door of her car and snapped, "Tell that douchebag, NO." She slipped into the car and shut the door. The guy tapped at the window and she rolled it down. He looked at me, "Hello there." He smirked at me. "Would you mind stepping out of the car?"

I was confused by his request.

"No, she is not." She rolled up the window and started the car making sure she locked the car. She drove away.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said. "They are just picking on you, but you must not give in to their bullsh*t. Yes, Scott?"

"Got it." I said and chuckled.

She laughed a little and I know she have ease down a little. She dropped me off and said she will come at the same time tomorrow to pick me up. I thanked her and watched her drove away. I searched the key in my pocket when someone whispered, "Hello" in my ear and I jumped a little and I see the guy, who just had a talk with Evelyn. He followed me to my place. I'm creeped out by that.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "I will call the police if you come any closer to me."

He rolled his eyes and stepped couple of feet away from me, "Allow me to introduce myself." He paused. "I'm Theodore."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Next update for this book will be tomorrow. Thank you.