9

Clara Scott

When I thought things was going great between us. He got a phone call and his once carefree attitude was gone and replaced by his usual blank look. I took this as an opportunity to wash the dishes. When he returned after the phone call. He was in a hurry,

"I have to go." He said. "Thanks for the dinner." He said awkwardly.

"Don't forget your notes and stuffs." I said to him as I washed my hands. "Will you be in school, tomorrow?"

I see a hint of a smile, but as quickly as it came it vanish and I know- the carefree Emmett is gone.

Dad showed up when I opened the door and he was surprised to see Emmett.

"Mr.Scott." Emmett said, politely.

"Emmett, right?" Dad asked, surprised.

"He came here to pick his notes up." And I pointed to the books in his hand. Dad nodded his head.

"You want to stay a little longer?" Dad asked.

"I would have loved to, but I actually have to leave.." Emmett said. "Maybe next time."

"Definitely." Dad said and we watched Emmett walked to his car in a hurry and drove off.

"He's got my dream car." Dad said, dreamily.

"You didn't text me back." I looked at him.

"Sorry." He said ruffling my hair a little. "I had to pick up on my work."

"It's just your first week."

"I need to do better." He said. "I smell something delicious. What do we have for dinner?"

"I followed a recipe.. it's mashed potato casserole."

"Sounds delicious." He said. "I'll have dinner first."

"I'm going upstairs.. I have assignments to finish. Have a good night." I give him a quick hug.

"Goodnight honey." He said.

I hate the assignments. Every day, there's pile of assignments due and it's just the first week. I shouldn't stress out but I am.

I went to bed around midnight and glad it was Friday! The next day, I was too tired with everything. When we reached school, I see Bailey and Laurie standing near their car.

"What are you doing in the weekend?" Bailey asked.

"Touring around the city." I said.

"Both the days?" Bailey asked.

"Maybe just tomorrow." I said.

"You want to come with us to the mall on Sunday, then?" Laurie asked.

"I'll let you guys know of the plan?"

"Sure." Bailey said.

I hate to admit but I was worried about Emmett. His abrupt leave and injury in his hand left me unsettling. And then I see his Audi pulling into the driveway. I notice, he parks his car at the same spot this whole week.

My worries for him vanished when I see him and one of the blonde cheerleader together. He put his arm around her shoulder. He wore his signature sunglasses with his baseball cap, a black hoodie and ripped jeans with adidas shoes.

And reality slap me on my face and I realized I have been crushing on him. Something is definitely wrong with me! How can I crush on you? I have known him like a week and this whole week he has been terrible except for few times. I have to get over this weird feelings for him before it exceeds, nothing good will come out of me liking someone who is too perfect and beautiful for everyone.

"Seems like he got a new toy." Evelyn muttered. "Been a while since I saw him with another girl."

I shrugged like I didn't care, but in fact my heart hurts a little.

"Let's get started on our day." Evelyn clapped in delight. "It's Friday."

And I smiled a little at her positivity and I wonder where she get all this positive vibe from.

"Pet." Emmett called out while I was taking my books out from the locker and I scowled at him.

"I have a name." I snapped.

"Jeez, Emmett. You got a wild pet." The girl who he was with laughed a little.

Emmett didn't say anything to her but looked at me. His green eyes held no emotion as he looked at me, "Fill me up with what happen in the first few classes of the day."

"And where will you be?" I asked.

"With me, of course." She smiled at him as her hands roam hungrily around his body.

I shrugged. He took that as my response and walked away with her to somewhere.

Evelyn was already on her seat when I arrived in the classroom. She was super excited to see me.

"What's up?" I asked as I laughed a little. Forgetting about the green eyes boy for a moment.

"If you don't mind.. today I have to go on a date." She said biting her lips in nervousness.

"You didn't even share with any of us."

"I know, I didn't want to share in case it turns out embarrassing."

"And why are you telling me now?"

"He's bringing his friend too, so can you please come with me?"

"N-no." I stuttered and her face fell. "I don't have a dress or outfits for tonight."

"You look beautiful in whatever you wear. Pretty please. He just texted me about that."

I sighed. "Fine, where are we going?"

"We are going out for a movie and then dinner." She clap her hands in delight. "We can pick you up at say 6:00 pm? We will have enough time to get ready."

"I hope so." I said. I felt nervous now, I will take it not as a date, but going out to support my friend. I earnestly did my job in taking down notes and announcements for my boss, who really doesn't appreciate my effort.

"Good job." He said patting my head with his uninjured hand, when he looked at the notes during the lunch.His fling was no where to be around. I scowled at him.

"Please tell me you washed your hands after whatever you did." I said.

"Of course." He said and rolled his eyes at me.

"What happened to your hand?" I asked talking about his injured hand.

"Nothing." He snapped at me.

I guess, he really doesn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to push him either. "Okay, then I will see you."

"Wait." He stopped me before I could walk away. "I want you to do something for me after school ends."

"Again?" I turned to look at him. "I'm not staying back after school. In corporates, they have office hours, even I have work hours and my work hours ends when the school ends."

He give me an amused smirk, his mood changes so quickly that I don't know what to do or how to react. "You've got a smart mouth." And then cleared his throat before giving me his infamous blank look. It's so difficult to tell what he's thinking with that look. "I have to go shopping to buy something for Madison's birthday . I don't know what to buy, so you are coming with me."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Next update is in the evening. Thank you!