5

Clara Scott

"And? What you want me to do?" I said raising one of my eye brow at him and he give me a disdainful look.

"Come with me." He said.

"What? NO." I said. "Are you crazy?" I don't even know who this guy is in the first place and I don't know where he will take me.

"Yea, I must be nuts for even agreeing to do this." He said with a sigh. "Get in the car."

"I'll call the cops." I threatened.

"Okay." He said closing his eyes for a bit and then raised his hand in surrender and started walking backward towards his Aston Martin. "You asked for it." He said and opened the door of his car.

I sighed in relief and opened the door of my house very quickly and locked the door behind me. I was paranoid now, I don't know what he wants from me. I went upstairs to put my things away and came down to look for some foods. I guess I have to make dinner again. I looked for ingredients to make pasta. I heard the door opening and Dad talking to someone.

I peeped to see who was here and my mouth dropped open when I saw Theodore and Emmett talking very politely, all smiles. I have never seen them smiling at someone in school.

"Clara, your assignment buddies is here." Dad said as he walked in and give me an amused look. "I'll take over from here, you can go ahead and do the assignment."

"Thanks Dad." I said and walked towards the two guys, glaring at them.

"You guys can use my office, there is computer and printers- more convenient." He said.

"Let's go." I hissed at the unwanted guests." What you want?" I snapped once I shut the door behind us.

Emmett looked around the office and walked to the table and spin the globe that was on the table and didn't look at me. "Theodore asked you to come with him."

"I didn't want to." I said. "And we need to respect my decision." stating the obvious.

He turned to look at me and folded his arms and leaned on the table. "I want you to stay away from that boy." He said. "You are bringing trouble for yourself."

"Which boy?" I asked.

"The Alex boy." Theodore explained.

"Now, I need your highness's permission who to hang out with?" I snapped. I have never been so angry with a stranger before.

"If you say it that way, yes." Emmett said and I don't know if he is joking or is serious about this topic.

"Get out of my house, now." I said.

Emmett smiled at me and all I can say is he is so handsome, his smile is so beautiful.If it was for some other reason, I would have been nicer to him-but he is being ridiculous right now.

"I will see you tomorrow." He said as he walked towards the door.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.

"You just shot down a chance." He shrugged and went for the door knob.

"But, why can't I hang out with Alex? He's nice." I whispered looking at him.

"Because he's the target right now."

"And you guys will stay quiet about it?" I asked in disbelief.

"Look." Emmett said, his jaw tightened a little. His mood shifted and he was back to his dark and angry self. "Theo and I don't get involve in these tiny matters that happens in school. We only get involve if it concern us."

"And this thing doesn't concern you, so why are you here?" I asked.

"That's what I have been asking myself." Emmett asked out loud. "Let's go, Theo. I think she can handle things, by herself." He glared at me and opened the door.

I heard Dad asking them to stay over until dinner.

"That was a quick assignment discussion."

"Yes." I said and decided to set up the table.

"Handsome boys." He said. "Like any of them?" He teased.

"No." I said and smiled.

He laughed.

I have no idea what Emmett or Theo have in their mind. I don't really want to be part of whatever funny idea they have in their mind.

The next day when Evelyn picked me up from home. I was having an internal debate as to tell her what happen or leave it. It's Day three of new school and I have no idea what I'm doing or have put myself into.

I chose the latter and kept quiet about the boys. She seem to be in a good mood today. I didn't want to ruin her mood in the morning.

After getting our morning cup of drink, we pulled into the parking lot. When we got out of the car, there was a buzz going on and I don't really want to know what the buzz is all about.

"You are so screwed." Bailey said walking towards me and I don't know what she was talking about.

"What's the problem?" Evelyn asked adjusting her bag.

"Emmett-The Emmett Reynolds, just announced that, Clara is going to be his pet."

"I'm not an animal." I pointed out.

Evelyn's face turned pale. "But he never do this. What changed?"

"What is this about?" I asked..

"The high society of our school made this thing call- pets, where they target a student and make it their goal to humiliate them and ruin their lives.Most of them who were their pets, actually left the school due to immense embarrassment and treatments."

"You've got to be kidding me, right?" I asked her and she shake her head, no.

"There he comes." Jay muttered.

I looked behind Bailey's shoulder and see him stalking towards us. He have his sun glass on masking his emotion behind except for his smirk and I don't know how I feel about being his pet or whatever they call it.

Underneath his leather jacket was a grey shirt, paired with black skinny jeans and adidas shoes.

"If you don't mind." He looked at Bailey and She scurried away to my side. "Hello there." He towered in front of me.

Seem like I will have a wonderful time here after all.

"You will be my pet, until I change my mind." He bend down and looked at me. I see myself looking annoyed through his glass' reflection.

"I'm not an animal." I said.

He smiled and he took off his bag and snapped at me, "Catch." And threw his bag at me. My instinct was to catch the bag and he smirked. "Now, you are." He patted my head gently like I was a dog.

"I'm not your pet animal." I said and threw his bag towards him. He didn't make any effort to catch the bag and it fell on the ground in between us.

I heard gasped all over me. I don't take bullsh*t. That's what I have learnt from my Dad. Never ever take bullsh*t from people! I'm a quiet person, but that doesn't give anyone the opportunity to climb on top of me.

"Pick my f*cking bag up, right now." He hissed as he glared at me. His jaw was tensed.

"You can pick it up by yourself." I glared back at him.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a vote and share this book with other readers. Thank you for your support. Next update for this book is later,today. Happy readings!