15

Clara Scott

"Say cheese." Theo said as he stood in front of me with his phone.

"What are you doing?" I scowled at him and the the flashlight blinded me for a moment.He showed me the picture and I see myself scowling and I smack him,gently.

"Delete it!" I said.

"Then you smile for the camera." He laughed.

"Why you want to take my pictures?"I asked

"For my photography school." I don't know if he was being serious or was joking, but I smiled for the camera.

"See? Much better." He showed me the picture. My light brown hair was curled at the bottom and I had a rose gold leaf headband on. My brown eyes was shining, may have to do with the lightings.

"Now delete that awful picture!" I demanded.

"I will." He winked before walking away in triumphant.

I rolled my eyes at him. I didn't have time to chase after him because I was running late for my class. During lunch, rumours was around that Emmett was here.

I put down my tray and sat down in between Braydon and Laurie. They were the only two that was here early. They were talking about tomorrow's party. We are not inviting strangers. Just us and Alex's friends.

"Emmett is here." Evelyn said excitedly as she put her tray down. My heart skipped a beat, I should really get over him. It's not healthy liking someone like this.

"Nice." I said.

I see him walk in with Bella. She had her arm hooked to his uninjured one. He looked breath taking even with sweatshirt and jeans. His eyes scanned the room and met mine's and I give him a small smile. What else was I suppose to do? Bella pulled her towards their table and everyone was excited to see him back.

"And here I thought he will come and say hi." Evie said rolling her eyes.

"I know you are still curious about the reason he got into a fight." I grinned.

"You know me, Scott." She winked and I shake my head.

"Seem like, Reynolds is back." Jay said as he put his foods down and looked at the table Emmett was in.

"Yea." Braydon said, shrugging.

Suddenly Laurie whispered beside me. "I think my friend is here." I was confused for a moment. "Monthly friend."

My eyes widened.

"I can feel it, do you have anything Pads? Tampons?"

"In my locker." I said and took off my denim jacket for her to tie it in her waist.

"I'm going to the washroom with Laurie." I said and we stood up. We walked out of the cafeteria. I rushed to my locker and give her each of the two things. I went with her to the washroom. At least it was empty.

"It's all over my jeans." She panicked. "I don't have extra clothings in my locker."

"Let me check in my locker." I said. "Stay here." I quickly stepped out of the washroom when someone stood in front of me. I stepped back in surprised and looked up to see him.

"Hi." He said with a small smile.

"Hi." I said in a rush. "Sorry, I have to run. I hope your arm is feeling better and hope you will take care. It's nice to see you back in school." I said trying to move pass him to get to my locker.

He didn't get the hint and block me from moving.

"We will talk later?" I tried.

"Where are you going?" He frowned.

"My locker." I said. He moved away giving me enough space to go through him. He followed behind me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked and opened my locker.

"I want to talk to you."

"Later, I promise." I said as I looked through my plastic bag of clothing and found a legging. I checked the legging and I think it should be fine.

"Are you planning to change into that?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Good." He said. I ignored his comment.

"Stop following me." I said and rushed back to the washroom's direction.

"I want to talk to you." He said.

I stopped to look at him. "I have to do something."

"Like what?"

"Something." I said and walked in to the washroom. "I only have legging." I told Laurie.

"Anything will do honestly." And I passed her my legging from the top of the washroom. When she stepped out. She wrapped her jeans in the clear bag that I got from my locker. We both washed our hands and then she give me a tight hug. "Thank you."

"No worries." I said.

We both stepped out and I see Emmett still waiting outside the washroom. He looked at me and then her and then our outfit and his mouth was in an 'o' in realization.

"I have to talk to Emmett, will you be okay?" I asked.

"Yes." She said while giving me my jacket.

"Keep it for now." I whispered.

She looked at Emmett and walked away.

"Yes, what would you like to talk about?" I asked.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Good." I said. "How is your arm?" I looked at his arm which was in a dark blue cast.

"Better." He shrugged.

"If you need notes and announcements. I have it with me." I whispered.

"Thanks." He said.

We looked at each other for a brief moment and I felt drawn to him. His eyes looked at me with an emotion I couldn't pin point. I snapped out when I heard heels clicking and I see Bella coming towards us. She frowned at me, but smiled at him.

"I'll see you around." I said stepping back. My heart hurt a little when I saw her arms around his waist. I give him a small smile. "Take care." He was going to say something, but Bella interrupted and ask if he wanted something and I took the opportunity to walk away from him.

The bell rang when I entered the cafeteria.

"Reynolds was looking for you." Braydon said.

"I met him." I said. "Where is Laurie?"

"She went to the office. She said she was not feeling well." Evie said with a frown.

"What happened to Laurie?" Bailey asked, concerned.

"Monthly friend." I said and they nodded their head as if everything makes sense now.

After our brief moment in the hallway, I didn't see him for the rest of the day.