10

Clara Scott

"In case you don't don't know Madison, she's the girl I was with in the morning."

Oh. Perfect.

"No." I said and his jaw tightened.

"What?"

"I'm busy, it's Friday." I pointed out. "Call Theodore or someone else. I'm really busy after school."

"With what? books?" He snapped.

"That's none of your business." I snapped back. "Not this evening." I whispered and my He huffed and turned around to walk away.

I didn't see him after that and I was glad I got him off my back for a little while. Evelyn dropped me off home and said she will come with our dates,later. I rushed inside to take a quick shower. I have like 3 hours to get ready and make dinner for my Dad as well. I first made dinner for my Dad and then went and took shower. I opened my closet and debated what to wear. Hidden in the back of my closets are dresses that I have bought,but never worn any.

I found a dress where the top is black and the bottom is dark blue. The sleeve was until my elbow and the dress stops until my knees. I decided to go with that, I made waterfall braids and curl the rest of my hair. I put on a ballerina flats to match the outfit. I look at myself in the mirror. I have never actually dressed up for a date before and I don't know if I dressed up excessive in this case.

I texted Dad that I will out with my friends and I made his dinner, and he texted he will be late anyway and expect me to be home latest by 10:30 pm.

I see a car pulling in and then see people coming out of the car. I was super nervous. I checked everything before walking out of the house and locking the door behind me.

I see two guys, tall but not taller than Emmett. Why am I even comparing them with him? Both of them had light brown hair and handsome features.

"Wow." The one who was slightly more built than the other said. He was wearing a button up shirt with jeans and Toms. "You are so beautiful." He said and I smiled shyly as I played with my fingers.

"Your smile is so beautiful." He said and it reminded me of Emmett.

"Let's get going." I said. Evelyn give me a hug.

"You look beautiful." She said.

"So do you." I said. She wore a grey dress that fell on her knees and it was half sleeves. She paired her dress with a pump shoes. Her hair was in a wavy curls just like mine.

She sat in the front with her date while my suppose to be 'date' sat behind with me.

"I'm Trevor." The guy sitting beside me said.

"Clara." I said and he give me a smile..

I learnt Clara's date name is Toby. Clara met him through her cousin and Trevor is Toby's friend from school.

We reached the mall and made our way to the theatre when I heard someone called out, "pet" and I was hoping it was not him, but let's be honest. No one else calls me that apart from him.

I turned around awkwardly and saw him with Theodore. He give me a look like he couldn't believe it was me while Theodore shamelessly checked me out. I waved awkwardly at them. They approached us and I shift from one foot to another.

"Emmett, Theodore? What a pleasant surprise." Evelyn said pleasantly, but I can feel her nervousness.

His eyes was stormy and his feature seems angry as he glared at me.

"Do you know her?" Trevor asked, oblivious to the tension.

"We all are classmates." Evelyn explained to the two friends.

"Oh." Trevor looked at me for confirmation and I replied with a 'Yes'

"So, this is your plan after school?" He snapped, startling all of us with his sudden tone.Why does it feel like he's angry?

"Yes." I said. He glared at me and I give him a confused look.

Toby interrupted our talk by awkwardly telling us, the movie will start soon.

"See you guys on Monday." Evelyn said and I waved them goodbye. I can feel his eyes burned behind my back.

"That was intense." Toby joke. "You sure, you guys are just classmates?"

"Yes." I said.

We bought some popcorns and drinks before entering the hall. We were watching some science fiction movie and I love science fiction! As there were not many people watching that movie, there was no designated seat and we could sit wherever we wanted. Trevor and I agreed to give Evelyn and Toby, the one who is really here for a date some space.

"I agreed because I didn't have anything much to do, but I'm glad you agreed to come too." He smiled. "You're so beautiful." And I felt my cheek burned a little.

Trevor asked me a couple of question about my life, he was very interested about my life in Indianapolis. When the movie started, we focused on the movie. Half-way through, someone sat beside me and I looked to see Emmett, who give me his mischievous look.

"What's your problem, buddy?" Trevor asked. "There are many empty spaces,why are you sitting beside my date?" Trevor was controlling his anger, I can feel that.

Theodore leaned in and said, "bro, we can sit anywhere we want." And smiled again him.

Trevor huffed beside me and I sighed and glared at him. Trevor and I pretended that those two was not sitting beside me. When the movie ended. Trevor stood up and offered me his hand to stand. Emmett put his half-eaten popcorn bucket on his hand.

"Thanks." He said standing up.

"What's your problem?" Trevor snapped at Emmett.

"I still haven't purchase my gift yet, since you are done watching the movie. You might as well come and help me pick the gift." Emmett give me a look that clearly meant;Do not argue, and me being me- I have to argue with him.

"I said to you already, my work hours is close after school, ask Theodore for help."

"Call me Theo." He peeped and said. "And hey, what gift are you talking about?" He looked at Emmett.

"Come, we have to go for dinner." Trevor said.

"Okay." I said. Trevor allowed to walk in front of him and he just put his arm around my waist and then I heard Emmett, muttered.

"F*cking piece of sh*t."

And the next thing I see Trevor on the ground.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Thank you for your support. Next update will be tomorrow.