7

Clara Scott

When the bell rang for our lunch, I rushed to my locker to grab my snacks and skipped through the crowds to the library. All of them was there already.

"There you are." Laurie said, looking relieved.

"How did you escape?" Evelyn asked.

"I got some tricks on my sleeve." I teased. "Are we still working on the blog?"

"No." Alex said. "You got into trouble because of that. I think it's a stupid idea to challenge them."

"So, we will stay quiet about this matter? What if it happens to someone else?"

"The school is suppose to be handling this matter and suppose to be spreading awareness about this." Evelyn said.

"So, we will keep quiet?" I asked.

"Alex reported to the school about this matter and the principal said she will look into this matter."

"You did?" I asked surprised and he give me a small smile.

"I don't want anyone else to get hurt."

"That was a strong move." I said and I stood up to give him a hug.

"Yes." He said.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. "Sorry, I couldn't ask you earlier."

"It takes time." He said.

"What are we doing here, today?" I asked.

"Just to escape the crowd." Evelyn said.

"Nice place." I said.

"Definitely." Jay said. "Better than the loud cafeteria. Who wants to play Uno?" He asked as he showed us the Uno cards.

After lunch, we all walked towards our classes direction.

"Pet." I heard Emmett called out right across the busy hallway and I sighed and waved my friends off. They give me sympathetic looks.

"It's Clara." I corrected him. "Say it with me. Cla-ra."

"Clara." He said and it sound awfully good coming from his mouth and I shake that thought from my mouth. He cleared his throat.

"How was lunch?" He asked.

"Good." I said. At least, I didn't have to worry about you calling me.

"Since you had a good lunch." He said. "Might as well do some work for me."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Clean my locker after school." My mouth dropped opened. "No!" I said. Evelyn is my ride home.

"Well, I didn't bother you during lunch- it's pay back time." He shrugged.

"I don't have a ride home, then." I said. Of all the days, I didn't bring my bus card with me.

"I can drop you off home." He said casually, "throw out all the useless things."

"And how will I know If they are useless or not?"

"You know cards and stuffs from people." He shrugged.

"Why did you keep them in the first place?" I asked.

"Can't throw away people's feelings in front of them." He shrugged.

"Didn't know you care about people's feelings."

"I don't." He smiled.

"Can't I do it tomorrow?" I pleaded. "I will come here early and do it or during my lunch break."