Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

"Newt... is everything okay?" I asks. I want to pull away so I can look at her. But he didn't let me. He place a hand on the back of my head to push me closer to him. Then he told me he's okay... that he just misses me. But I have a strong feeling in my chest and a nagging sensation in the back of my head that he's lying.

Newt is keeping something from me... I know he is

-Not The Same-

Y/N P.O.V

After a while of resting. I start to go around the camp to see if there's something for me to do or if someone needs a hand, I don't want to be a burden here. So I do just that.

Right now I'm helping a guy named Nick to do some farming. Since I was a track-hoe back at the glade, I pretty much know what to do.

I'm giving some fertilizer to the plant. He's watching every move that I made. It's kind of uncomfortable to be honest, but I just brush it off into thinking that he's just observing me to know if I do it right.

"Wow... you're really good at this, you know that?" He said, looking impressed at me. I turn to him and smile softly. "Thanks... I was a track-hoe back in the glade... so I can say that I know what I'm doing..." I said. "Yeah... I can see that..." he said.

As I'm fixing the dirt, Nick suddenly place his hand on top of mine. I flinch and instantly pulls back. He smiles at me. "What are you doing?" I asks. "You're beautiful... you know that?" He said. "Um... thank you... I guess..." I said. "Do you have a boyfriend?" He asks again, this time his face is closer to mine. I move back slightly feeling uncomfortable.

"Um... yeah, I do... I'm with Newt" I said. "Hmm... I think I've heard about him... he's the guy with a limp right? Why are you with that loser? You can do so much better..." He said. "Oh yeah? Like who?" I said, raising my eye-brow as I look at him. "Like me..." he said, leaning even closer. "Um... no thanks... I love Newt... and I will never leave him" I said. "Oh come on... he don't have to know anyway..." he said. This is getting annoying.

I stand up and glare at him. "Listen here... and listen good. I'm not interested! Get that shit inside that tiny brain of yours!" I scream at him. I turn to walk away, but his hand grabs mine. I got turn around in full force and landed on his chest.

I would have use my bending, but Newt and I agree to not let anyone here know about my ability. So I try to break free as best I could. But he have a firm grip around my waist.

"Come on, babe... just be with me, instead... leave that loser... I'm so much of a better match for you anyway..." he said. "Let me go!" I scream. He pulls me into a kiss.

Before I could react, someone tore him away from me. "Newt..." I said, looking at the person. He turns to me and give me a small smile. Then he turns to Nick and glare at him. "She said she's not interested, you bloody shank!" He screams and starts punching him.

I got shock, not because of the kiss. But because of the fact that Newt is punching the life out of Nick. Throughout the times of knowing Newt, he's never the type to get violent. In fact, he absolutely HATES violent.

Aish! Snap out of it! I have to stop him. Nick will die if he keeps on punching him like that! I run towards him and try to hold him back.

"Let me go, Y/N! He have to be taught a lesson!" He screams. "No! That's enough Newt... he'll die if you keep punching him like that!" I said. "Then let him be! I won't let anyone take you away from me! Never in a zillion years!" He scream again. I raise my hand and slap him across the cheek. His face turns side ways from the impact.

"Did you just... slapped me?" He said, looking at me in disbelieve. "N-Newt... I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean it..." I said, I reach out to place a hand on his cheek. But he steps back, shaking his head. "I can't believe you took his side more than me..." he said. Then he storms off. "Newt! Wait!" I call out for him. But he completely ignores me.

Newt... what happened to you?

Time-skip

I look around in search for Newt. 'What's happening to him? He doesn't seem like himself' I thought to myself, feeling really worried for my boyfriend.

I come across Thomas, on the way. Maybe he knows where Newt is. I run towards him. "Thomas!" I yell out. He stops walking and turns around. "Oh hey, Y/N..." he said, smiling at me. "Did you see Newt?" I asks. "Yeah... he went off that way. He seems angry about something... did you guys got into a fight or something?" He asks. I told him what happened earlier with Nick.

He's silent after I told him the whole thing. "What's happening to him, Thomas? I know you know..." I said. He just stays silent as he stares at me with a sad gaze. "Tell me... p-please... I deserve to know... Newt is my boyfriend, Thomas... I NEED to know..." I said, crying softly.

Thomas P.O.V

What am I suppose to say now? I hate lying to Y/N. But I promised Newt that I won't tell her. My mind went back to the day Newt wants me to promise him not to tell her.

Flashback

Newt calls me to meet him at the hall, so I approach him there. "What's up, Newt?" I asks. His eyes is downcasts. "Newt?" I call out again. He snaps out of his thought and looks up at me.

"Tommy..." he said. "Yeah?" I said. "I need you to promise me something..." he said. "Okay... what is it?" I said. "If I start acting up... no matter what... promise me you won't tell Y/N... I don't want her to feel sad..." he said. "But... she's your girl, Newt... she deserve to know..." I said, frowning slightly. He shakes his head as he stares at me, that's when I notice the bloodshot in his eyes. He's been crying. "Please Tommy... I don't want her to be sad if she knows that I'm dying and slowly turning into one of those monsters... p-please" he begs. My eyes soften slightly. I open my mouth and said...

Alright Newt... I promise not to tell her...

End of Flashback

"I'm sorry Y/N... but I don't really know..." I said. It pains me to see the sadness in her eyes. I still can't move on from her. I love Y/N so much.

She looks down and starts crying. I pull her into a hug, and caress her hair softly. She leans on my chest and her sobs grow louder each second. 'I'm sorry for lying to you, Y/N... but Newt is right... I don't wanna hurt you either... but I know one way or another, you'll know...' I thought to myself as I try my best to comfort the girl I've love so much in my arms.

*to be continued*