Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

His eyes softened. He reach out and place his hands on my cheeks. "I'm sorry, baby... that Newt is gone... no matter how hard I try to bring him back... I can't" he said. "Why? Why can't you go back to the way you were?" I asks again. "Because...

-Denial-

Y/N P.O.V

I continue to stare at him. "What? Because of what? Tell me, Newt..." I said, almost in a pleading tone. I have been trying so hard to get him to let me know. Now is my chance to find out. He's not leaving until he told me the truth.

He let out a sigh "baby... please believe me on this... it is better if you don't know..." he said. Then he turn around. He was about to leave. But I use my water bending and freeze his feet. He looks down when he realizes that he couldn't move.

Then he turns to look at me. "Y/N... let go..." he said. "No... you're not going anywhere until you tell me!" I said. His face turns into anger for a split second. He looks away from me. "Just let me go, Y/N..." he said in a hush tone.

"Why? Why can't you just tell me the truth?!" I yell at him. "Because I don't want you to get hurt!!" He yells back. "Just tell me! I deserve to know!" I argue. "I don't want you to know the truth! Because I KNOW how much it'll affect you! I can't... the last thing I want... is to worry you..." He said, whispering the last sentence. I stare at him in surprise.

I walk over to him. "Do you love me, Newt?" I asks. He nods his head rapidly as he stares at me. "Very much..." he said. I cups his cheeks. "Then just tell me, Newt... please..." I said, pleading. "I'm... I'm..." he starts, but he seems to hesitate.

I let out a sigh and melt the ice on his feet. "Forget it... don't tell me then! Kill me with this secret... you have no idea how much you're killing me by keeping things behind my back! I thought I'm your girlfriend Newt..." I said. "You are, Y/N... you're my girlfriend" he argues. "Doesn't seem like it! We shouldn't be keeping secrets behind each other's back! We should trust each other... but how can we? When you go behind my back keeping secrets like this! Do you not trust me?" I said, tears begin to flow from my eyes. "I t-trust you... I-I trust y-you, Y-Y/N... I trust you with my life!" He said. "This ain't trust if you keep things from me, you Shank!" I scream. I turn around and was about to walk away.

"Because I'm not immune, okay!" He screams. I stop and turn to look at him in shock. "W-what?" I stutter out. He looks down, his whole body starts shaking. I walk towards him, until I'm standing right in front of him. "You're... n-not i-immune?" I said. He looks up at me briefly, before bursting into tears. "I'm not... I am not immune, Y/N... and I'm slowly turning into one of those thing..." he cried out. Tears begin to stream down harder on my face. I pulls him into a tight hug.

He clutch the back of my shirt tightly as he cried harder onto my shoulders. Now it all makes sense. The way he's acting these past few months, he's being affected by the virus. I just keep holding him, waiting for him to calm down.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." he whispers after he's a bit calmer. I pull away slightly to look at him. "Why are you sorry, Newt?" I asks, looking at him in confusion. "For not telling you..." he said, looking away. He looks guilty.

I shake my head and cups his cheeks softly. I turn his head to look at me. "Don't be sorry... I shouldn't have force it out of you..." I said. He shakes his head, placing his hands on top of mine which is still on his cheeks. "No... you were right, love... you deserve to know... I-I... I j-just don't w-want you to worry about m-my condition..." he said. Tears begin to spill more from his eyes.

I shake my head, cupping his cheeks in between my hands. I wipe his tears away gently, only for more tears streams down. I pull him into another hug. He buries his face into the crook of my neck, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist as if his life is depending on me.

"We'll figure this out, together..." I said. He pulls sway and stare into my eyes. "You don't hate me?" He said. "Why would I hate you?" I asks, looking at him in confusion. "I've kept such a serious secret from you..." he said, he looks like he's about to have another break down. "No... it's okay..." I said. I place a soft kiss on his lips. He kiss me back instantly. I can feel the desperation.

"I'll always be here to help you... I will help you get through this..." I said. "Promise?" He asks. I know I shouldn't promise something I don't know if I could keep... but I just want Newt to feel better. I nod my head "I promise, Newt... I promise" I said. He smiles softly and pulls me into another kiss.

Then he pulls away, placing his forehead against mine. "I love you, Y/N... God, I love you so so much. You're my world..." he said. I smile "I love you too, Newt... so much..." I said. He wraps his arms tightly around my waist. Burying his face into my hair. I lean my head against his chest.

Now I know his secret. He's not immune... I can't believe it... it kills me to know that I'm slowly losing him. He's turning... and I can't do anything to stop it. My power isn't strong enough to heal this virus infection.

Newt... what can I do? I can't lose you...

*to be continued*