Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

She looks down and starts crying. I pull her into a hug, and caress her hair softly. She leans on my chest and her sobs grow louder each second. 'I'm sorry for lying to you, Y/N... but Newt is right... I don't wanna hurt you either... but I know one way or another, you'll know...' I thought to myself as I try my best to comfort the girl I've love so much in my arms.

-Tell Me!-

Y/N P.O.V

I don't know why, but I notice the changes in Newt's personality. For example; Newt isn't the type of person who likes violent. But he beats Nick up when he tries to flirt with me.

I mean... I get that he is angry and jealous. But the Newt I know, would never do such things. He usually acts very gentle, even when someone irritates him. Ever since that day... Newt starts to act even more aggressive.

It has been going on for several weeks. It worries me so much. Thomas didn't tell me. He said Newt was okay, but I know he's lying. Newt is NOT okay. He's acting very distant and different.

What's happening with him? Why can't he just be honest with me. Did he even consider me as his girlfriend anymore? Did he... fall out of love with me?

I shake my head, why am I even thinking about this kind of things?? Newt loves me... I know he is. He'll always will. But why is he acting so weird. It's almost as if... he's a whole different person. I can't accept the fact that I'm slowly losing him. I can't... I love him so much and I wanna help him. But I can't if he refuses to be honest with me.

I'm walking around the camp, to try and look for an answer. Maybe the other people would know. They worked with Newt when I was gone... or perhaps I could ask the rest of the group.

I wonder where's Frypan is. He's the one who's bad at keeping secrets. So maybe I could asks him and find out what's happening with Newt.

I spot him at the kitchen. Then make my way to him. "Hey, Fry..." I said, when I reaches him. He looks up at me and smile. "Hey, Y/N... what's up?" He said. I stand in front of him. "Fry... I need to ask you about something... and don't lie..." I said. He looks at me nervously. "Um... okay... what is it?" He said. I let out a sigh "Fry... I know you knew something..." I said. "Uh... about what exactly?" He said. I start to feel a little frustrated. "Don't act clueless Fry! I know you knew what I'm talking about!" I spat. He flinch at my tone. My eyes softened.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to sound so harsh on you, Fry..." I said, apologizing to him. "I-it's okay... but I really don't know what you're trying to asks..." he said. "It's about Newt... do you know what happened to him? He seems so... distant..." I said, looking at him with a hopeful expression. When I saw the look of hesitation in his eyes, I know he knows.

"You knew something, didn't you? Tell me!" I said, in a demanding tone. "Uh... I.. Um..." he stutters out. "Just tell me, Fry... please... I deserve to know what's happening to Newt... he's my boyfriend... he's been keeping something from me... then Thomas, along with Minho.. and n-now you t-too? Why is everyone going around behind my back? Am I still a part of this group?" I said, desperation is evident in my tone as I speak.

He looks at me sadly. "Alright... I'll tell you... please don't panic, okay?" He said. I nod my head, waiting for him to continue. He opens his mouth to say it. But someone cuts him off, by placing a hand on his mouth.

"Thomas? Why did you stop him from telling me?" I asks, frowning at him. "I'm sorry Y/N... but we all promised Newt that we won't tell you..." he said, as he looks at me apologetically. "Why?" I asks. "He said it was for the best. He didn't wanna worry you" he said.

I groan and run my hand through my hair. I let out a sigh of frustration. "Why is everyone keeping things from me... I feel like I don't belong here anymore..." I said. "No... Y/N... don't say that..." Thomas said. He tries to reach out to hold me. But I move away out of his reach. "Forget it... I'm outta here..." I said, I turn around and walks away.

Thomas P.O.V

I'm sorry Y/N... I really am. I can't tell you... if you need to know the truth. It is from Newt himself. It has to be Newt to tell you.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I enter my tent and lay down on my hammock. I just lay there in silent. 'Why is everything hiding it from me?' I thought to myself. I let out a sigh and place my hand on my chest, feeling the rough surface of a necklace Newt have given me. "Newt... what are you hiding from me? Do you even love me anymore?"

"Of course I love you, Y/N..." I heard someone said. I turn my head to see Newt. I get out of the hammock and walks over to him. "Well... if you do love me... why are you hiding things from me?" I said. "I'm not hiding anything from you, Y/N..." he said. "Don't lie to me Newt... I know you... the fact that you start beating up Nick... you're different Newt..." I said. "I am not different, Y/N... it's his own fault... he knew you're with me... yet he still try to flirt with you... he deserve it..." he said. I look at him in disbelieve. "The Newt I knew... hates violent... even if the person irritates him... he always try to sort things out in a soft way... but you just plain out beat him up! You're different Newt... you've changed... I want that Newt back..." I said. Without me noticing, tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

His eyes softened. He reach out and place his hands on my cheeks. "I'm sorry, baby... that Newt is gone... no matter how hard I try to bring him back... I can't" he said. "Why? Why can't you go back to the way you were?" I asks again. "Because...

*to be continued*