Chapter 13 (Sad Ending)

Previously on Chapter 12

"I'm sorry..." he said, getting off of me. Then he walk backward. He crouch down and start coughing out blood. "Tommy... kill me!!!" He screams. Then he starts to attack me, swinging his knife around. Then he gets to me. "Newt..." I said. He steps back and looks down. The knife is on his chest. Then he falls to his side. "No no no no... Newt... hey, stay with me! I promised Y/N that I'll bring you back! Newt!" I yell out, trying desperately to get him keep breathing.

Then...

-I'm Sorry, Love-

Y/N P.O.V

I keep going, recreating the air sphere to make me move faster. I need to get there as fast as possible, before it's too late.

'H-Hang in there, Newt... d-don't you die on me... p-please' I thought to myself, tears blurring out my sight. But I didn't let that stop me. I need to get to Newt. I saw a stairs and use air bending to send me up the stairs. 

I stop dead in my track when I saw what happened in front of me. Thomas is cradling Newt, who seems like he's not breathing anymore. I drop on my knees as endless tears begin to stream down my cheeks. It is too late... Newt is gone...

2 years later

Thomas P.O.V

I'm sitting in our new camp. We can finally live in peace. We just have to find a way to deal with the Flare.

I'm just sitting there, staring at the people walking around me. My mind drift off to my fallen friends. Then my mind stops as I remember something. I reach in my pocket and take out the necklace Newt gave me. I stare at it for a while, then realize it was a letter. I take it out of the tube and start reading it.

Dear Tommy,

This is the first letter I remember writing. Even if this isn't the first... it certainly will be my last.

I just want to let you know... that I'm not scared. Losing myself to this virus... losing my memories of you and our friends is what terrified me.

I choke a sob as I pause for a moment. Then I start to read the letter again. I keep reading the letter as I try to control my tears. Soon enough I come to the end of the letter.

Take care of yourself, Tommy... and take care of Y/N... you're the only one I can trust when it comes to her. She means so much to me. Even after all the pain I have caused her... she always loves me.

I never got the chance to make her happy. Now that I'm not around anymore... I need to know that she will be happy and safe... and I know she will if she's with you. So please Tommy...

Take care of my girl for me. Goodbye buddy...

Sincerely,
Newt

I place the letter back on it's tube and put in around my neck. Tears keeps flowing down my eyes. I look up at the sky and memories of Newt comes back in my head.

"Don't worry, Newt... I'll take care of Y/N for you..." I said, smiling at the sky. A gust of wind flow past me in a gentle breeze. I turn my head to the wind to see a faint image of Newt.

He smiles at me "I trust you, Tommy... you can make my girl happy... please... make her happy... do it for me, now that I'm not around for her anymore..." he said. I nod my head, he smiles at me and slowly disappear.