Chapter 1

A story about my two favorite CAOS characters Zelda Spellman & Madame Satan (Lilith).

Status: Zelda thinks Lilith is Sabrina's teacher, Mary Wardwell, and a normal witch.

A harsh knock on the door forced Zelda to look up from her newspaper. Her eyes curiously wandered to the old clock up on the wall. 10 pm. Who could possibly frequent her at this time of the day? With an annoyed sigh, she rested her head on the back of the chair for a minute before she got the door. Surprised, she glared at the woman in front of her before her eyes turned ice cold. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit", Zelda spat sarcastically. "If you are looking for Sabrina, I can assure you that you won't find her here. She's out with friends." She watched as a wicked grin crept over the other witches' lips. Her voice was sugar coated as she began to speak.
"No, in fact I came to see you, dear." The brunette looked at Zelda, almost seductively at some point, causing her goosebumps all over her body.
"Me? Why would I be in any of your interest?"
"Well, you could just let me in and find out yourself ", she said, shoving her elegant body past Zelda's. The ginger witch rolled her green orbs and shut the door behind the slender woman.

Zelda watched the brunette carefully. She crept into the living room, her every move grabbed Zelda's attention. She had never allowed herself to look at the teacher more closely but now she did. She had to. Her voluminous, raven hair fell in curls onto her shoulders, framing her face, still allowing a good glimpse of her high cheekbones. A pair of electric blue eyes examining the room. A tight, knee-length dress hugging her slim waist.
"Shall we sit?"
Her thoughts were interrupted by the other woman's deep voice.

"Make yourself at home", Zelda said, elongating her arm in a gesture. "So... why are you here Mary? I didn't think you'd show up again since you're not exactly welcome here anymore."
Mary smirked.
"Oh I thought you would be glad to see me again since you seem to enjoy my presence so much."
"Enjoy your presence!" Zelda laughed sarcastically. The ginger witch reached for the pack of Marlboro laying on the table next to her chair and lit a cigarette. She slowly took a drag and released a cloud of grey smoke into the air, immediately feeling calmer.
"I would enjoy any activity more than talking to you, really. Striking my sister a shovel in the head for example." Zelda watched as a surprised glance wandered over the other woman's face. Apparently, her words had some kind of affection on her opponent.
"Bet you do", Mary mumbled under clenched teeth. She looked up and her eyes suddenly locked with Zelda's. Both women couldn't move. Couldn't do anything except sit and stare. The ginger witch quickly spun her head to look into the fireplace, hoping for the hungry flames to distract her.
"Zelda..." The other woman tried to grab her attention.
"Stop it Mary", Zelda spat. "Whatever you're doing. Stop it. I don't want to hear any of your nonsense anymore, so I'm asking you to leave."
The woman in front of her lifted her elegant figure from the chair she was sitting in and Zelda couldn't help but watch her in complete awe. Slowly Mary moved closer, trying to seem as intimidating as possible. It seemed to work perfectly. The ginger's body tensed as she watched the space between the two women getting less and less with every step further until there was no space left at all. Zelda felt Mary's hot breath brushing against her lips. She looked up and found herself staring directly into the brunette's eyes.
"Secretly you do want me to stay, don't you Zelda Spellman", she whispered. "But if you want me to leave you here, alone, in the smoke of your Satan damn cigarettes then so be it. I'll leave." The witch slowly backed up, her eyes never leaving Zelda's. Finally she turned around and left the Spellman Sister's Mortuary, not even caring to close the door behind her.

---

"No Hilda, I don't know what she wanted or why she even came in the first place!" Zelda sighed in annoyance. "I kicked her out before she told me."
It was the morning after Mary came to see her and she really didn't want to think about the other witch anymore. She knew she was trouble. She could sense it, like it was some kind of thick fog surrounding her. All Zelda really desired in this very moment was to enjoy her black tea in silence and peace, without her sister constantly asking questions. She wondered why she had even told Hilda about yesterday's intruder.
"Why did you kick her out?"
"Why wouldn't I have? Hilda, I don't need you to stand here, asking me silly questions. I need you to go to work. A new corpse just came in and needs to be ready by the day after tomorrow." She prayed to Satan her sister would just obey. She didn't think that she could bare her presence any longer.
"Okay then Zelds. I will start as soon as possible, but just so you know... Maybe Mary was just dropping hints", she said, then turning around and leaving a confused Zelda behind.
What did her sister mean by "just dropping hints"? Zelda wasn't sure if she even wanted to find out.

---

It was risky for her to be in the Academy of Unseen Arts, but he had summoned her. Of course, speaking to him had never been in her best interest but he was the High Priest after all. Lilith walked down the dark corridor leading to Faustus Blackwood's office, trying not to be seen by any students or teachers passing by. She was just a shadow on the wall, almost invisible. She was getting closer and closer; she could already hear the vague voices of the warlock and some female. Surprised she slowed down. The female tone was the unmistakable voice Zelda Spellman's. Almost contemporary to that grasp, Lilith heard the other witch strutting out of the office. She waited a minute or two before she decided to desert the shadows which were disguising her presence.

"I don't enjoy being watched."
She rolled her eyes at the sound of his spine-chilling voice with its usual arrogant undertone.
"Oh I do understand. Especially if your actions seem to be doomed to fail. Sabrina was my responsibility. I eased her to the altar, a hand on her shoulder, a whisper in her ear. I did my part. You failed to get the signature." She paced through the dark office, making him nervous even though he'd never show it. The woman stopped at the whiskey decanter and poured herself a glass.

"Oh my dear demoness, it is your own incompetence that has brought us to this moment. Your methods are weak. Your will is womanly." His sharp voice cut through the air likes knifes, causing her shivers all over her body. Her eyes were sparking in anger.

"Don't disrespect me", she spat. "High Priest or not, you're still a man. And I feast on male flesh." She crashed the whiskey glass on the table in front of him, making him cringe. Lilith walked to the door, intentionally leaving the office, when she heard him mumble "The only one who's feasting on me is soon to be Zelda".

The delicate brunette immediately spun around and threw herself onto his throat. He was surprised by her strength, by the pressure her svelte fingers were applying on his Adam's apple.
"What did you say?"
He gasped for air. She tightened her grip.
"What did you say?"
He could see the fury in her eyes.
"Zelda... I said... She will..."
Finally she let go of him.
"Zelda will what?" She looked fiercely at the pathetic man in front of her.
"Zelda will be my wife. I'm going to propose, and she is going to accept."

The woman backed away from him, trying to hide her utter disbelieve. Blackwood looked at her in confusion, but she didn't even slightly pay attention to him. In this moment she only knew one thing for sure; she wouldn't let that happen.