Chapter 11

Never in her life had the brunette felt more helpless. Not only did Lucifer threaten her but her "girlfriend". Girlfriend, she thought to herself. Has a rather nice ring to it. She mentally slapped herself. She shouldn't have been thinking about something as irrelevant, really. Not only did she have to fear for her own life now, but for Zelda's too. She couldn't possibly keep this from the witch, not something as massive as this. She knew she had to talk to her about it, even if there was the slightest possibility that she'd blame Lilith for all of this. Because Zelda was fierce when it came to threats, especially regarding her family. And what better way to make the ginger-haired suffer than tearing her family apart.

---

Zelda sighed as she looked at the clock. 10:30 pm. Exhausted, she tilted her head back in order for it to rest on the sofa. She shut her tired eyes, waiting desperately for the darkness to swallow her, for the much-needed sleep to consume her. A sudden knock at the door caused her to gasp in surprise. She slowly felt the anger boiling up inside her. The ginger shot up from her sitting position and stomped to the door in order to gut the person outside.

"Zelds, what's wrong?" She heard her sister's footsteps following her into the hall. She didn't even bother to respond to the nosy British woman, who's usually way too involved in her sister's business for Zelda's liking. Her hand had already grabbed the doorknob and she swung the front door open. Just as she wanted to snap at whoever dared to bother her, she recognized the familiar figure of a certain brunette standing right in front of her.

"Lilith. What- are you doing here?"
"I really needed to talk to you", the woman answered.

Her expression was genuine, maybe even sad, but there was something else. Was it angst? Hurry? Zelda already wanted to speak as Lilith continued.

"Actually", she said. "Actually, I am here to just... see you."

Now something in her countenance changed completely. A new emotion slowly crept to the surface. Guilt. Zelda didn't immediately respond, well knowing that her sister was just behind the door, able to hear every word spoken.

"I-"
"Come on, Zelds! Do invite the woman in! I'll make her a nice cup of tea", Hilda interrupted.
Her sister shot her a glance. "Right." She stepped aside in order for the brunette to enter the Spellman's home.
"Follow me to the kitchen." The witch turned around, expecting Lilith to follow. The demoness shifted uncomfortably, looking to the ground.
"You know what", she spoke. "I think this was a mistake." In a quick movement, she opened the door and almost ran outside.
"Wait!" She suddenly heard a voice shouting after her.
"I admit that I'm still a bit wary in this situation we're in." Zelda slightly smiled. "But I can see that you mean to make it less terrifying, because that's exactly what it is to me. And I am in no position to refuse you. So please, stay."
"In this case", the brunette answered, nodding her head. Then they both stepped inside the house again.

---

"What are you thinking", Zelda asked.
The other woman sighed. "I don't know."

Right after Hilda had left both women alone, they had gotten cozy in front of the fireplace, Zelda comfortably sitting on the sofa, Lilith snuggled up in her arms. Sitting there, the red head thought about how it came to all of this. The person she had hated most on this planet, now laying in her arms, half asleep. She found an odd sense of ease in the way she felt the brunette's breath in the crook of her neck. They have come a long way. A long way full of hatred, lust and concern. Concern. That's what Zelda liked to call it. Because, yes, she cared. She might not want to admit it but Satan, she cared about Lilith. And she knew that it was mutual. Though she was certain that something was bothering the demoness.

"You should tell me."
"There's nothing to tell."
"Alright then", Zelda said, slightly brushing the other woman's dark brown hair. "Keep your secrets." She slightly smiled.

Again, Lilith sighed. She had to tell her, but she just couldn't bring herself to it. Instead, she placed her head on the other woman's chest and whispered inaudibly: "I do love you, Zelda."
"Hm? What was that", the ginger asked. But Lilith had already fallen fast asleep in her arms.

---

"Lilith", Zelda said, shaking the sleeping woman's shoulder. "Seriously Lilith, wake up! Hilda is going to be down here soon, and you do not want to witness that. I should really get out my hammer more often", she growled.
"Why would you need a hammer", the brunette asked, finally waking up.
"Oh, for no reason in particular, really. It just comes in handy sometimes."
"You know what, I don't even want to know."

She shifted ever so slightly in Zelda's arms, causing her to tense immediately. The woman froze and looked up. Blue orbs met green. She slightly bent forward to slowly connect their lips. Zelda closed her eyes in delight as the kiss got more passionate. She felt the other woman's hand slipping under her dress and buckled her hips in anticipation. Their lips separated and Lilith began to trace her lover's jawline with soft kisses. The other woman moaned in response so her touch. A sudden noise made both of them stop dead in their tracks. The front door.

Author's note:

Guys! Thank you so much for reading this rather short chapter! I apologize for the length tho haha! 🌹 I don't really like this chapter but at the same time I do because Zelda managed to finally open up about her being insecure! (In front of her sister too!!!) ✨🍒 Okay but guys, for now it's all fun n' games but I can assure you, it won't stay this way, even if it hurts my heart :( Anyway, y'all still have a happy pride Month 🏳‍🌈 and thanks so much for 800+ reads!!!! Can't wait til' we reach the 1k 🥺🤘 Leave a vote & comment ☺🖤