Chapter 6

A/N: you'll know when to play the song ;)

A slight delightful smile crept over her face as she awoke the next morning. Zelda Spellman. What a woman. Her purpose on earth was to serve the Dark Lord. Her goal was to become his queen. Zelda made her rethink that goal for the first time. Her assignment was to trick Sabrina, her lover's niece, but how could she do this to her? She would never want to hurt her. She had been hurt enough in the past. Hurt. He hurt her. And he would pay for it. Lilith promised that to herself when she first discovered Zelda's wound. A feeling of anger overcame her. He wouldn't get away with it. She would make sure of that. She'd probably have to kill him, even though she was still clueless how. She would kill him, and Zelda would get his title. She would become the High Priestess of the Church of Night and the new Directrix of the Academy of Unseen Arts and most importantly, she would never find out what or who happened to Blackwood.

Once again, she found herself pacing through the uneasy corridors of the academy, her breathing and the clicking of her heels were the only sounds present. She still wasn't quite sure how to kill him but carried a dagger just in case. Lilith restricted her speed as she entered Faustus Blackwood's office once more.

"Father Blackwood, dearest." Her voice was sweet as sugar. She watched as a surprised glance appeared on his face as he looked up from his paperwork.
"Madame Satan. It's truly a pleasure to see you", the man said sarcastically.
"Oh, I'm sure it is", she responded, a wicked smile appearing on her face. "Though what I'm going to do to you won't be all that pleasant." She paused. "For you anyway."
"And what would that be?" He interlocked his fingers on the table.
"I'm going to kill you in a minute." Her smile grew even wider. "I'm not even kidding."
"And why would you do that?" You could hear a slight hint of nervousness in his voice.
"Why wouldn't I? You're of little avail to me. Useless, you could even say. Also, I'm slightly bored so consider it as fun for me."
"Do you really think the Dark Lord would approve of this", he said in a mocking tone.
She stepped closer to the desk. "Oh, actually I really don't care. I don't need his approval, don't you think?" She looked at him, almost like he was pray. "And, as luck would have it, I do know someone who could immediately replace you. Someone better for your position, perhaps."
"You will never find someone better than me", he spat.
"This being so... you don't have to worry, now do you?"

a bit earlier...

It was her she thought about, leaving the Spellman Mortuary this day. Was it wrong to think about her? To think about her touch. Her mouth. Her body. Of course, she hadn't told anyone about what had happened the other day. She wouldn't even believe it herself. Zelda had never experienced anything like it before. Something that felt so wrong yet so incredibly right. Would it happen again? The thought of it scared her but also filled her with utmost excitement. It seemed like Lilith cared about her. No one who wasn't a member of her family ever had. She still wasn't quite sure what to do with her new information though. Lilith. The first woman. The first witch. Satan's concubine. How could she, Zelda Spellman, ever outdo Satan? For Lilith, Lucifer was always going to come first. She sighed. She probably had more important things to think about right now. Things like Faustus Blackwood for example.

present...

She found utter satisfaction in pressing the blade against his throat. In feeling his shaking body under her grip. In hearing his whimpers escaping his mouth. She wouldn't hesitate. She would do this for Zelda, no matter if the Dark Lord liked it or not. The brunette looked down at the man who called himself "High Priest."

"Say something nice", she whispered, before a sudden noise made her stop what she was about to do. She spun around to find herself looking directly at Zelda's graceful figure. The other woman seemed to be just as surprised as she herself was.
"Lilith?"
Before she could answer, Blackwood quickly tried to grab the ginger's attention.
"Zelda, darling! I knew you would come to save me." He paused. "Lilith", he asked, looking at Zelda. "How do you know? Why do you know?"
"Oh, I don't see how this is any of your business. And I am not here to safe you. To say the least."
"You, you came to kill him, didn't you", the demoness asked astonished.
"Certainly. But I see things seem to work out just perfectly without my help."
"Please, I wouldn't mind if you stayed." She smirked. "You see Faustus, here is the replacement I thought about."
His eyes were two burning coals. "The role of High Priest has been held by a warlock since the first stones were lain", he spat. "There will never be a High Priestess of the Church of Night."
"Yes my dear, there will." She gave Zelda a questioning look.
"May I have the honor", the witch answered, taking the blade from the other woman, slightly brushing against her as she took her place at the warlock's side.
His face reflected angst, hatefulness and confusion. "I-I don't understand."